Folks who ride with music

Chrome

The TiTANS don't stick out very far at all.

They also come with 2sets of rubber buds and 2sets of memory foam buds.

The Memory foam one are the win. They don't move much at all.

And no matter what you get make sure it has the inline volume control. It makes life much easier.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And no matter what you get make sure it has the inline volume control. It makes life much easier.

Might have to try these. I don't like things in my ears(yes, including your toungue, J), but these might not be bad. I have a set of Shure over the ears that I velcro in the ear pockets of my helmet. Works pretty well. Think I'm going totry to find a way to rig some Bluetooth/ Wireless way of getting them to my my player. I hate messing with the cord when I put my helmet on.

Am I the only person who thinks that skullcandy headphones totoally suck!!! They look cool and that's about it. If you want some good quality headphones that aren't terribly expensive go with sony. I am a sound/tone freak when it comes to listening to music and skullcandy doesn't cut it at all for me. </rant>

U hear you E. I think the cheap skullcandy are decent and nothing superb.

Audiophilia and my bike don't mix anyways.

But being the SC fanboy that I am I have to say the $$$ ones are pretty good.

I will prolly pick up a set of the flat ones that Likwid has someday. But I'm really happy with the ones I have now.

I'm pretty sure that I break nearly every Harley bylaw(uhh, sterotype:p) anyway.

I'll still wear my helmet, at minimum just to keep bugs out of my mouth.

I thought bugs and smug were the only thing Harley owners ate?

:plus1:

Skullcandy makes some of the better bud-style earphones. The interchangeable pads give it a custom fit. They're also low profile and stay on when you slip the full-face helmet on. I use the basic ones; my Zumo has volume control. They're not noise canceling so you can still hear sirens but they do reduce the annoying surrounding sounds out there.

I had my share of helmet speakers, but I've had quite a few pairs cut out and/or short out on me in a very short period of time. Don't know what that's about.

+1, that's the biggest benefit to full face helmets :D

all joking aside, I have seen a rider lose several teeth even WITH a full-face helmet (his was a bit large on him). the same crash without a full-face helmet would likely have resulted in reconstructive jaw surgery.

That guy now wears a mouth guard when he rides. I do the same on the track. Should probably make it a habit on the street as well...

• 2 months later...

After looking at some Blue Tooth headphones to wear under my helmet and finding them too bulky, I found these.

Skull Candy Aysm

http://www.skullcandy.com/shop/configable/index/links/id/999/cid/6/

They are designed to be worn under a helmet, and man, do they work. They really stay in in your ears, even when removing your helmet. Pretty comfy too, no sliding around at all. I haven't rode long with them, I'll give a better review when I get back from this Florida ride.

do the rubber ear pad things come off? i have a set of headphones that use foam (similar to the disposable foam ear plugs) and they do a pretty good job of blocking out wind noise and would like to use those... i just don't like the headphones themselves.

just FFS, do NOT get the cheapo Chatterbox helmet speakers. I had those in my Scorp 700 and the cable on one side got loose and disconnected. Play around with the cable a little and it reconnected, then on/off for about 10 minutes.

I think I'm going to go this route.

do the rubber ear pad things come off? i have a set of headphones that use foam (similar to the disposable foam ear plugs) and they do a pretty good job of blocking out wind noise and would like to use those... i just don't like the headphones themselves.

Yep, they are the typical interchangable pads.

I like the Etymotic ER-6 In Ear Monitors, have really detailed, neutral sound. They fit flush in the ear and block out the ambient noise like earplugs, so you don't have to turn it up much to hear the music. The biggest drawback is they need a tight seal to get the sound volume & bass, I don't have a problem but some might. They make different tips for different ear sizes/shapes.

http://www0.epinions.com/reviews/Etymotic_Research_ETYMOTIC_ER_6I_LIMITED_EDITION_ER_6i_Noise_Blocking_Earphones_for_Apple_Ipod_Headset/sec_~opinion_list/pp_~1/pa_~1#list

I used to have their high end model, the ER-4p. Most detailed phones I've ever used, heard things with them that none of my other cans would allow through. I'm going to get another set sometime.

http://www0.epinions.com/reviews/elec_Audio-Headphones-EBrand-ER-ER-4P

I have the Scala rider q2 head set has blue tooth two way and radio. The new model can hook up to mp3. I love it because the sound adjusts to wind noise so your not messing with volume controls. The speakers attach to the helmet by Velcro and you can still hear traffic. A major plus.