My new 09 Yamaha YZF-R1

Sniper_308

album.php?albumid=937

After reading all the reviews on all the new liter bikes, I decided to go with another R1. This is my third one now. It was to cold to test it out with the new tires. I hope the photos posted ok. I’ll post my reviews later this week when I take it back out in the warmer weather.

http://www.ohio-riders.com/album.php?albumid=937 :)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually like the 'raccoon' styling of those bikes. Nice color scheme, and they sound wicked, wicked, wicked. Last time I rode with one though, we figured out that they don't have enough suspension travel to make good dirty bikes.

Come out and play.

Looks great! time some some pipes! those things are amazing with a good set of pipes. On the yellow ones, the Two Brothers look the best, the gold rings look right with the paint.

I’m looking at Arrow or Leo Vince for exhaust, I’m not to sure about Two Brothers. Maybe, HMF again?!?

Edited by Sniper_308
typo

I love the 09 R1's for some reason, particularly the yellow ones. I must have stared at the one that Yamaha had at the Indy MotoGP for a good 15 minutes.

Both Akra and Leo make some really nice pipes for that bike.

Thanks for all the likes on my bike guys, I’m looking forward to riding with you guys in the up coming riding months. I always attend Mid-Ohio Super Cycle Weekend each year, maybe we can plan a group ride this year. Slowly but surely, I’ll mod my bike out, I’m looking to go with Leo or Arrow for an exhaust. LED turn signals and a undertail. PCV and a dyno tune. Maybe a tooth down on the sprocket. Sky’s the limit.

Look into HMF i have them on mine and it is a sweet deep tone, and the price is not bad...

How do you like them? My wife and I are friends with Hans, I would love to hear them on your bike. Just not a fan of the look of the can!