Just hit 200 miles on the new bike!

katanafreak

Hey all. I just it 200 miles on the new bike and first service is due at 300 miles. Any idea how much the first service for a 2009 triumph daytona 675 is gonna run me? I call two different places and got two completely different numbers. Just wondering to see if these dealerships down here are out of their mind or not.

What's the manual say needs to be done? I think folks can give you a better guess with that info. Usually it is just an oil filter change and check adjustments on clutches, brakes and make sure nothing came loose and is falling off. And grats on the bike, that is a nice ride you go there.

Ok, I would hazard a guess at 150 to 200. It is just the usual first service. Just a suggestion, doing your own work on your own bike will save you a TON of money over the life of the bike. First couple of times you will have to buy tools and stuff but heck you can get a decent MC lift for under 100 bucks. You will need tires for example, you lift it up, take them off and roll them to the trunk of your car and pay someone 50 bucks to change them out. Instead of 300 to the dealer.

Find a busy Triumph forum that covers your bike model. You can learn everything you need from other owners of the same bike.

i thought about doing my own services, but this is the first "NEW" bike i have ever bought and the dealer told me i needed the stamp in the service record book for the warrenty. this true?

I have an 06 675 and did my first service(pretty much and oil and filter change)

myself.

It did NOT void the warranty.

Aftermarket voids warranty's and that's the best part of owning a motorcycle, so I don't worry about warranty's atleast under the first 1000. I never upgrade any parts till atleast 1000miles.

On topic though....the services they get people to come in on early into ownership are huge ripoffs. Just make sure all is tightened and adjusted well for you and change the oil. Just look at the bike like you care for it and you will know what to do. ;) Also, order a shop manual for it too, so you can do things yourself and learn. :cool:

Hey all. I just it 200 miles on the new bike and first service is due at 300 miles. Any idea how much the first service for a 2009 triumph daytona 675 is gonna run me? I call two different places and got two completely different numbers. Just wondering to see if these dealerships down here are out of their mind or not.

aren't you a little young to be riding?

you look like you're about 8 years old...