anyone do Carb Cleaning, or a shop recomindation ?

BikerBoy

I bought this FZR 600 recently, and i do think it might need some nice Carb cleaning, anyone from here who is around Akron area do this ? I won't mind paying of course

Or anybody knows a trust worthy shop to take the bike to ?

I'd love to get this done tomorrow " wedsnday " or the day after

Thanks

Edited by BikerBoy

I've done it once and is was all the carb fun I could handle.

It's not hard to clean them. It's the re-sync that is a pain in the butt.

Funny thing, I'd rather synd them than try to get all of those little passages cleaned out! Maybe my VF500 was just needed cleaned THAT bad! Syncing the carbs went really easy, once I got them close before hooking up the gauges.

Chevysoldier just went through the carbs on his FZR 600. Be prepared, it may not be a simple cleaning job! He ended up having to replace the emulsion tubes that the slider needles go through. There was NO getting it right otherwise.

Which is why I didn't volunteer to do yours bikerboy. Mine turned into a lot more work than I expected and they still aren't done. Carb work is a "only when I have to do it to my bike" type of thing for me.

Which is why I didn't volunteer to do yours bikerboy. Mine turned into a lot more work than I expected and they still aren't done. Carb work is a "only when I have to do it to my bike" type of thing for me.

Thanks alot man , it's okay , i understand , i'd really like to learn and clean them my self :p but i don't think i will do it right :p that if there is nothing else wrong with it :p

Thanks alot man , it's okay , i understand , i'd really like to learn and clean them my self :p but i don't think i will do it right :p that if there is nothing else wrong with it :p

Two words will help you along this path

Shop Manual

Why do you think the carbs need cleaned? Is it hard to start? Will it start?

It will start, chocked for a while probably like 5 minutes , then it will some how idle without the chock, it rides good i guess, but smells gas most of the time " it doesn't smell gas when it's turned off " So i donno, i would love to let somebody look at it , but i don't want to ride it into any shop and let somebody " how might know what he is doing and might not mess around with it " I have tomorrow off so i thought i could go somewhere or to someone and let them check on it .

It probably will need more than just that, i got the bike kinda cheap so i expect it to need some work.