your bike.

turboglock

I have wanted to put together this idea for a bit I know when I was looking for a bike I keep reading review after review of bikes but they are kind of slanted in that they only talk about the new bike that they haven't had for a year or more and that they kind of have to say good things about the bikes or they might not get the newest and greatest to review. Now this said it can only work if people can talk about what they own with out just talking it up to try to make them selfs feel good about what they have bought. you have to be able to see flaws in the bike and say what you think they are. so don't homer this up.

I have an 06 buell lightning XB12scg.

1. I like that its not just a cookie cuter bike its not a HD or A rice rocket. I always get lots of questions about it.

2. It really handles great just makes turning easy and fun.

3. Lots of real world power from stop light to stop light. You don't have to get high in the rpm's to get to the power band.

4. low regaler scheduled maintenance. (note I said regaler scheduled) it doesn't need all the valve jobs and no chain work belt pulls up slack on its on.

5. Im a short guy at 5'5" and this thing is low and narrow in the seat makes it very easy to move around and get both feet flat on the ground for backing up and so on It also don't have a long reach to the handle bars.

6. Very nice riding positions can go long distance with easy on it and don't seem to get to much wind trying to blow you off of the bike.

7. has some of the best looking factory wheels in the game.

8. Really has done a great job of getting all the weight of the bike down low.

9. exhaust sounds great love the back fires and all the pooping you get with an HD motor.

Dislikes-

1. Buell is no more :(

2. I have had some blowing fuse problems. It shakes alot and that causes it to eat any wire casing that is touching anything. I have had to put electrical tape on three wires so far. None have been so bad that I needed to replace the wire at all but you must be ok with problem solving lol.

3. This bike gets hot in the summer. there is no way anyone could ride this with shorts lol and have lag hair left.

4. I'm not a fan of the breaks. I understand the concept but I dont know that its a better way of doing things at all.

5. I don't see this as a track bike at all if thats what your looking for.

6. Again the vibrations can get to your hands at low speeds.

7. crashed the bike in the summer last year and it takes FOR EVER to get parts. or A.D. Farrows really sucks. they keep getting in wrong parts so I don't know if that was a buell problem or a Farrows but was very very frustrating.

FINAL WORD ( I don't regret the buying of this bike I do enjoy it a lot. lots of run to ride to work or to no wear at all and haven't found anything I would want to replace it with yet).

Well since I see this is back up and that really cool. I have to add to my year on the bike. I put about 9000 miles on it this year and it was great. I do seem to have a problem with getting it to go into 3rd gear if I read line 2nd and this makes me made cant figure this out at all it will flash that its in nutral and then drop to 2nd again. but if I shift before the red line its ok. I did a trip to the dragon on it and it did great on riding potion and wind blocking for me i never had any pains but that might be because my fathers wife has a vrod and she was out of gas about every 100 miles lol.

Thats all I have now if I think of more I will edit it. Hope other people take the time to do this could really help out other people when looking for a bike.

Edited by turboglock

I'll bite, mostly because I'm in an altered state of mind and have nothing better to do :D

I own an 07 Kawasaki Ninja 650r

1. I can commute on it for pretty much any situation. Work, class, shopping, its great.

2. I can tour on it comfortably. 400+ highway miles, only stopping for gas? Not an issue.

3. It's awesome for backroads blasts and fast group rides through the twisties. For all but the most suicidal of riders, common sense kicks in before you outride the machine.

4. 50 MPG.

5. Functionally, the banana seat is awesome. Pillon or cargo = no problem.

6. There's a surprising amount of storage in the tail and under the seat.

7. It's comfortable machine, plain and simple.

8. Lots of spots under the tail to hook bungie cords/nets to.

9. Handlebars have a shitload of space to hook gadgets to. I have a GPS position that would make most other riders jealous.

10. Cheap to repair, relative to other popular bikes (600's and such).

11. Low-end torque to spare. Off the line, it's as quick as almost anything else out there (though it quickly loses any lead...)

12. Gauges are effective and very easy to read.

13. Quite easy to work on.

14. Sounds great with an aftermarket pipe.

15. Very reliable; after 13k miles it still runs and rides like the day I bought it.

Dislikes:

1. Definitely is a budget bike.

1a. Plastics feel cheap and can rattle.

1b. The finish on the frame/swingarm/top triple is very easy to wear down.

1c. The suspension is good quality but is also ancient tech built to a low price point.

2. Nothing up top. In daily riding it's plenty fast, but a 600cc I4 will embarrass it in a straight line.

3. Somewhat limited aftermarket (everyone makes the same stuff)

4. Really hard to get any significant power gains from the motor with mods.

5. Rear shock setup forces you to buy 650-specific shocks; no cheap way to upgrade it.

6. Uninspired looks. It's not bad, but not good.

7. Banana seat looks silly, bordering on ridiculous.

Overall, I'm happy I bought this bike and while I am certainly tempted by the exotic allure of a Daytona 675 and a few other bikes, I still enjoy this bike enough that I probably won't upgrade for at least another season unless I suddenly make a ton of money. It's a very solid all-around machine that may not stir the soul like supersports do and may have its shortcomings, but in the end it is so good at everything it does that I can honestly say I'm still happy with it four seasons in. I'd wager that for the money, it's the best bike out there.

RC51

Likes.....

1. Duh....The sound. Sato's sound amazing

2. The looks.

3. Very stable in the turns. Tip her in and she stays on line no matter.

4. Very usable power. She will accelerate from 3,000rpm very cleanly and the midrange above 6,000 is intoxicating.

5. Fit and finish is ....well Honda which is top notch

Dislikes.

1. Comfort. A torture rack even compared to other sportbikes. Saddle is a bit to soft and the bars are a bit lower than I am used to.

2. The engine is a little snatchy at lower RPMs.

3. Heat. She gets quite warm between the legs.

4. Gauges...Hate the LCD tach

5. I do miss that top end 2 stroke like rush of my ZX9 and my old GSXR but that midrange is so satisfying..... Guess this both a like and a dislike.

All in all the bike is an older Superbike platform with very little thought given to day in and day out use. The bikes design is now 10 years old and does feel a bit rough around the edges when compared to the newer sterile bikes. It reminds me of an old hotrod where as the newer bikes are more like corvettes.

2001 CBR1100XX

mods: Corbin GFL, Akro carbon fiber exhaust, pc3, +1 front sprocket, zero gravity double bubble, custom undertail, rapid transit tank bag, stereo.

1. Unique, not everyone even knows what it is, let alone seen many of them.

2. Honda reliable, only real maintenence has been consumables (chain, tires, fluids, fuel, brakes)

3. Comfy, I've done 30 hours with only fuel stops, no back/butt pain.

4. Handles surprisingly well for a big pig.

5. POWER, pulls like a freight train after 6000 rpm.

6. Digital gauges, analog tach, very well done.

7. Affordable, only cost me $5500 2 years ago

8. Great 2-up, passengers are barely noticeable, and many have remarked on it's comfort.

Dislikes...

1. Noisy CCT. (easily replaced with $35 and 2 bolts.)

2. Heavy to maneuver by hand

3. Low resale (as if I'd ever sell it)

4. A little tall, I'm only 5'9"

Edited by magley64

I've only ridden my bike so I can't compare what I like and don't like and have biased reviews from what others tell me about things that could be upgraded.

07sv650s

Great beginner bike

Forgiving

Light

Easy to maneuver

WOT won't scare the piss out of you. You can romp on it and have no worries.

(I'm getting it tuned here soon so I'll have to add once that gets done.)

You can use GSXR parts for upgrades

Parts are EASY to find

Minimal plastics if you drop it

Good riding position

Dislikes:

Suspension (From what I've heard but I see what people are talking about as far as upgrading)

After riding a few thousand miles it gets boring in the straight line

I'm 5'8" and hate baking this thing up if I'm not on flat land or rolling downwards. (Corbin will drop you an inch or so, something I need to invest in)

Basically it's a GREAT bike for a beginner and you can find parts for it real easy. Not hard to work on yourself. Me and my buddy both have never worked on bikes but it's been a fun learning experience and we've had no troubles at all, but we've just done some minor upgrades so far.

OK, I'll do this.

'04 Honda CBR 600rr

It's light

even stock exhaust setup sounds good

if you by it used, and the previous owner was a riTard, replacement OEM parts are relatively easy to find.

smaller, but will blow the wheels off my other bike.

dislikes:

uncomfortable as hell

lightness makes it a little twitchy in high wind

skanky chicks ask for rides, not hot, skanky chicks, just skanky. At least in my experience.

'06 Harley Davidson Sportster 883 custom

it's comfortable. If I could fit the Mustang seat on the CBR, I'd do it.

Reliable-contrary to popular sportbike mythology, it doesn't break down every few miles.

Nothing sounds like a Harley. Love it or hate it, it's distinctive.

dislikes: NOTHING is cheap on or for these things. Nothing.

2006, and it still has a manual choke?

chrome sucks. That is all.

03 Honda VFR 800 Interceptor

perfect all around bike, can keep up with the sportbikes in the twisties, but put some bags on it and its good to go for a week long trip.

ABS and linked brakes, once you have them you wont want a bike without them.

light on its tires for such a big bike, once your rolling you dont notice the weight at all

mileage per tank is great, 200+ miles before a refuel

the sound of the v4 with the pipes in just amazing!

reliability, aside from the normal.. tires, oil change, brakes.. this thing doesnt need much to keep running, just check the valves every 20k and your good to go.

comfort, its the perfect in between from a touring bike and sportbike. enough comfort for long trips, but still gives you that sportbike seating when you need it.

single sided swing arm.. do i need to say anymore?

power. it has plenty of it

2 up capabilites.. will handle 2up just fine, and the passenger is rather comfortable.

digital gauges, with digital fuel level, ambient temp, engine temp and others is just great

Center stand FTW!

stock lighting is some of the best i have seen

dislikes..

when loaded down with luggage and a passenger, the suspension seems at its end

valve clearance checks... if you cant do it yourself prepare to get butt raped at the dealership

low end is kind of jumpy (remove PAIR valve assembly to fix that)

vtec transition is very harsh... power commander will sort that

if your looking for a straight touring bike, its a little cramped compared to a FJR, ST, or concourse.

again if your looking for a straight touring bike, the riding position is not as touring as those mentioned above

a bit heavy to push around when you have the bags on.

stock seat sucks for rider and passenger

windscreen could be a bit taller to knock some of the wind off more.

00 Suzuki SV 650

light as hell

very fun bike to just toss around

wheelies well

good torque pulling out of the turns

v twin sound is nice with a can on it.

love the naked look

just an all around fun bike

low purchase price used

huuuuuuge aftermarket

more than enough power to have fun, but not enough to get you in deep shit

riding position is comfortable enough, and jsut have soft spot for that upright, over the top, dirtbike type seating position on this thing.

easy to ride for a beginner, but still fun as hell for a seasoned rider

dislikes:

brakes arent great compared to a sport bike

suspension isnt great compared to a sport bike

its carbed..

stock gauges are shitty ( buy a trailtech vapor)

once you buy one you want to buy alot of stuff for it to make it better (suspension, gauges, brakes, exhaust, etc)

the whole swingarm setup is outdated

wish it ran standard superbike size tires

2008 Kawasaki Ninja Zx14

I absolutely love everything about my bike. Best bike I've EVER purchased.

Stupid fast.

Smooth Power that gives you tunnel vision.

User friendly at low rpm's.

Easy access to oil changes, don't have to remove any plastics.

Gobs up aftermarket shit.

Dislikes:

Banana seat, but it looks great with the cowl over the tail which is the way I always have it.

The LOUD clank that all Kawasaki's have when shifting into 1st gear from nuetral. Sounds BRUTAL. All 3 of my Kawasaki's have done that.

Edited by NinjaNick

99 Buell Thunderbolt

Old style tuber looks

Sound

Torque (she can really pull through the gears)

Uniqueness (not too many out there)

Handling

Comfort (not a laid down crotch rocket, not a laid back cruiser)

Parts availability (MOTOR it is a Sportster motor)

Gas mileage ( 50 miles to the gallon)

Gets lots of looks

Dislikes

Parts availability (Rest of bike. There is nothing out there for tuber Buells)

No 6th Gear

Paint Shaker Vibrations ( hands go Numb on long rides)

Heat in traffic

I love my Buell. Since I only have one bike it is the perfect bike for me.

I can hang with the rockets ( only a few hundred yards back) and with the cruisers). Great handling fun bike.

2008 Kawasaki Versys

-Tall! Great visibility for my downtown commute

-Great beginner bike

-Surprisingly light

-Good all around bike, from the commute to joy rides to grocery runs.. I can do it all.

-unique... I've never seen another one in person

Dislikes:

-4K RPM rattle

-The seat. ouch. About 250-275 a day is the limit with the stock seat

-"Off-Road" look of the tail section

I'm with Nick the bike is just amazing and only gets better.

Unlimited power

I don't see 50 of them everytime I ride

It has a sound like no other

comfy 600+ miles with no problem

100 times sexier than a busa :D

Dislikes:

rear spring is a little too soft when riding 2 up but easily fixed with a busa spring

Banana seat does look out of place but my concours seat is so comfy

1985 Honda Interceptor 500

Old School. You just don't see many of them anymore.

Decent power for it's size and age.

Bought it really cheap.

V4.

Handles decent, for it's age, and era.

Upright riding position.

Butchered banana seat is pretty comfy.

I've always liked the red, white and blue paint scheme, and the V4 sound!

Dislikes:

Engine parts are scarce.

Being a V4, some things are harder to work on.

It's old.

Needs LOT's of cosmetic work.

Can't believe I own a Hon-duh!

If I could get the valve issues settled on this thing I would be riding it all the time. I put some miles on it last year, just to have some of the problems that normally pop up on the VF500 bite me in the butt.

2003 CBR 600RR.

when I pull the throttle really hard, I get tossed back in my seat and the bike goes BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

it makes girls' clothes fly off. Before they have time to get their knickers back on though, I've seen everything. I've seen it all.

I can smoke some douchebag in a riced out Civic.

I can smoke some douchebag in a riced out Toyota.

I can hit 88 MPH so fast that Michael J. Fox stops shaking out of fear.

Cons:

Engine's too small. If I had a bigger engine, I could ride counter to the Earth's rotation and go back in time.

It doesn't fly, or transform into something that does fly.

It doesn't talk. I keep asking it to go into super pursuit mode, but the damn thing keeps ignoring me.

A bunch of people decided it would be cool to write all over it. They were kinda stupid though, almost all of them wrote their names. Finding them should be easy.

• Upvote 1

1997 EX500

- I bought it for $1450 with under 6,000 miles on it.

- parts are everywhere

- as high as 58 mpg.

Dislikes:

- it's an EX500...

2003 CBR 600RR

- um, I never owned it in anything close to stock trim. I'll say, "it goes fast for cheap."

- I beat the hell out of it and it's never given me any problems (knock on wood)

Dislikes:

- my arata headers melted the shit out of my coolant overflow reservoir. (the replacement came with heat shielding material on the part that melted)

- uncomfortable as hell anywhere but the track

2007 honda cbr1000rr

Likes.....power and handling and power and handling

dislikes......no track in my backyard

2007 honda crf450rSm street legal

likes......power and THE best handling ive ever experienced on the road

dislikes......the thought of loosing my liscense and again no track in my backyard

Edited by crf69

I'll be at bike night tonight, so maybe I'll see... How long do I have to be a noobie? I got my first bike ten years ago. lol.

lulz....try not to get too much of a redrocket when you see the naked wimmenz, there will be a LOT of dudes there, and nobody likes the guy with the boner

2003 CBR 600RR.

when I pull the throttle really hard, I get tossed back in my seat and the bike goes BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

it makes girls' clothes fly off. Before they have time to get their knickers back on though, I've seen everything. I've seen it all.

I can smoke some douchebag in a riced out Civic.

I can smoke some douchebag in a riced out Toyota.

I can hit 88 MPH so fast that Michael J. Fox stops shaking out of fear.

Cons:

Engine's too small. If I had a bigger engine, I could ride counter to the Earth's rotation and go back in time.

It doesn't fly, or transform into something that does fly.

It doesn't talk. I keep asking it to go into super pursuit mode, but the damn thing keeps ignoring me.

A bunch of people decided it would be cool to write all over it. They were kinda stupid though, almost all of them wrote their names. Finding them should be easy.

:lol:

2008 Kymco People 150:

Scooter Trash status.

16" alloy wheels (oh' date=' yeah..)

I can operate it while intoxicated.

Automatic. Gas and go.

Back and forth to work, 5 days, on 1.8 gallons of 87 octane.

60+ mph top speed with me on it.

Dis-Likes:

It's my only bike at the moment.

The tags are expired.

It's a scooter.

I am jobless, so it just mocks me.

60+ mph top speed with me on it.[/quote']

:lol: