I tell you what...

r1crusher

...after being in North San Diego (Carlsbad to be exact) for the past week I could so damn easily see my self making a cross country move to here. The farthest west I've ever made it was Las Vegas but DAYUM!! This place is pretty fuggin' nice.

Good weather, nice roads, micro breweries...what more could a man want!?!?!

Sucks I'll be heading back to a cold Ohio tomorrow morning. :(

...after being in North San Diego (Carlsbad to be exact) for the past week I could so damn easily see my self making a cross country move to here. The farthest west I've ever made it was Las Vegas but DAYUM!! This place is pretty fuggin' nice.

Ill be out there for 11 days in June. Everytime I go it is just that much tougher to leave...... For what it's worth it is even nicer a few hours north above LA.

Its fucking awesome to visit. Even for extended periods of time. But its fucking expensive to live there. The cost of living is unreal. Did you make it out to Stone? That place and their beer fucking rocks. Make sure you grab a california burrito or carne asada fries somewhere for the plane ride.

Yeah....I don't think I could live here with out a cost of living adjustment (like that would happen). But speaking of Stone...I just finished up some early dinner at a TGiF's and I had a tall Stone Pale Ale. Very very yummy and I could have easily sat there and a had several more of those.

Yeah....I don't think I could live here with out a cost of living adjustment

Wife was offered a job out in Redondo Beach. They flew us out there for our house hunting trip. Even with a 30k raise it was not enough to get us into comparable digs in a DECENT neighborhood. I was heart broken when we figured out that we could not make it happen.

you should have been looking in West Carson, Carson, Torrance, and Gardena. Unlike the midwest and east coast, when a city in CA has the word "beach" in its name it means it IS a beach... Couldn't afford beach front if I got a $100k raise when I moved back here.

If it's not too late, I have a very good friend in home sales down that way.

you should have been looking in West Carson, Carson, Torrance, and Gardena. Unlike the midwest and east coast, when a city in CA has the word "beach" in its name it means it IS a beach... Couldn't afford beach front if I got a $100k raise when I moved back here.

If it's not too late, I have a very good friend in home sales down that way.

We looked from Redondo to Long beach which was kind of the commute perimeter that would be tolerable. We would find an ok house that was in a crappy area or a crappy house in a decent area. It would have taken us at least 500k to get what we were looking for and even then schools would have been an issue. It just was not going to happen.

If I were young again without kids I would find a way to make Norcal happen.

I sadly turned down a transfer to LA, years ago. All the same reasons. To make it worse, when searching LA job ads, I noticed that a high school graduate, with a little experience, could get a job at a Japanese auto parts counter for about the same wages as an aerospace engineer. Engineers are dirt in California, my opinion. Yeah, I used to live in Torrance.

On the bright side, I said I could take a 20% pay cut and stay here and be better off looking for a new job. That was easy to do. And I got the 20% back in overtime wages.