kawi kid + kawi + ignorant deer =

kawi kid

no split in half deer, no care!!

jk man, glad youre alright...make sure when you talk to insurance to try and get a new jacket and helmet out of them!!

i think i needed to be going faster in order to cut it in two. but when i got off the bike and casey was like you are bleeding i thought it was deer blood cuz i thought i might have ripped it apart a little atleast.

and i know i am covered up to a 1000 on extra equipment so im hoping they stick to that.

State Farm just covered my helmet. They told me that's all they cover on gear.

Who do you have?

allstate. and cdub had an ok experience with them last year with his mishap so i guess ill see what happens to me..........

Glad you're alright. Kudos for being properly geared. Don't sweat the insurance thing. It is what it is. Good luck' date=' though.[/quote']

thanks paul. im getting to the point where that is kinda my outlook now.

wow you have someone looking out for you. Glad you are ok. You have plenty of people here to help you get things back to normal. :) its good to see you have a sense of humor about it..

my sense of humor is about all i got :D

i had the ladies in the ambulance cracking up along with the nurses at the hospital. laughter is the best medicine right? :lol:

my sense of humor is about all i got :D

i had the ladies in the ambulance cracking up along with the nurses at the hospital. laughter is the best medicine right? :lol:

That's what happens when you are a tiny guy strippin for the ladies... LOL! JK! :lol:

Seriously though, glad you're ok bro! I am sure you will be sore tomorrow. It fakes you out and you're like, "not too bad", then it sneeks up on you like a ninja. It's not fun bouncing across the ground, trust me, I have experience...

Edited by |SnOmAn|
forgot something...

without a doubt in my mind i should be dead right now if it wasnt for my helmet. i came down on my head and left shoulder! HELMET SAVED MY LIFE!

^ Can we get a "gear saved my life" testamonial thread going or something?! This is just another argument for wearing at least your helmet (or even better all your gear) ALL THE TIME!

Glad you're OK Brian. Looking at all the pictures, it could have DEFINITELY been a lot worse than it was.

Disappointed you won't be able to meet up for the CSBA ride though! I was looking forward to it.... :rolleyes: However, you'll be back out riding soon enough. Hang in there and just heal yourself up buddy. :)

Yup.. Insurance will total that. Glad your ok.

I want to see pics of the deer.

Check this post.... (didn't wanna repost the pics)

Its a pretty nauseating feeling watching two deer bolt towards the road, and not being able to warn your friend in front of you. That's not something I ever want to have to see again. I'm glad you're alright buddy.

Brian rolled as least 4 times after dismount, racing his bike down the road. The bike rolled once or twice. He was probably on the ground for 30 yards or so. So his gear held up remarkable well.

He hit the deer broad side so damn hard that I had deer hair on me when I rode through. I was probably 20 to 30 feet behind.

Here are the photos I snapped at the scene.

They aren't the greatest.

im gonna wait and see how the insurance works and when i get everything sorted out there ill start looking around for one. im not getting on one today thats for sure, i can barely get off the couch. i will say im alot less sore than i thought i was gonna be.

Day 2 and 3 after the crash is the worst.

without a doubt in my mind i should be dead right now if it wasnt for my helmet. i came down on my head and left shoulder! HELMET SAVED MY LIFE!

It's good that you had your first accident and ended up saying "wow my helmet saved my life" rather than "Rubbing my skin with sandpaper feels so good because I had no gear on"

Those pix were nuts man. I couldn't imagine hitting a deer on my bike, How fast were you going? I'm don't recall you saying but I may have missed it.

Yup.. Insurance will total that. Glad your ok.

I want to see pics of the deer.

They are a page back.

Noooooooooooooooo.........................damn.....

I met with Jason yesterday at Boneyard Bike Night and he was talking about you and the upcoming ride.......shit.....

But after all still glad to see that it's OK, without gear could be so much worse. Please heel up fast.

Thoughts and best wishes. Take care.