I got audited today!!

Jcroz91

Did you get the letter by certified mail? If not, then throw it away if it came in the regular mailbox.

By the way same goes for Jury Duty. If you just get a generic subpoena in the mail, don't return it, throw it in the trash. They can't act on any penalty unless they can prove you received it.

I agree just throw it away next time. You don't have to tell anyone anything. You just need to make sure the other guy does not talk. Even if a cop shows up at your house or anyone for that matter. Say nothing. Always say nothing. They have nothing on you unless you or the other guy talk. Certified mail isn't even proof you recieved something if you didn't sign it. That's not proof you got it. Even if someone tries to put a letter in your hand you can refuse.

Letter at the post office. Ask to see it then walk out if you don't like the sender.

I'm not too sure about them checking your bank account. I think that would violate a whole lot of your rights. They can't prove that cash was from you and they can't prove where he got it. It's none of their business, end of story. They might BS you to get you to TALK...don't talk.

or just don't do this next time. Maybe he owed you money from 10 years ago so it cost very little. Again though you don't have to explain anything if you don't acknowledge them.

Edited by Gump

Does this soap opera ever end?

Nope!

this is what is says...

questionaire regarding title transfer of motor vehical

Ohio Law requires the department of taxation to conduct a special audit of all casual (non-dealer) motor vehical title transfers. Our records show that you recieved a title to the above listed vehicle from Tim ____. As part of this audit you are instructed to complete this questionaire on the reverse side of this letter. ANY FALSE REPRESENTATION OF THE PRICE WILL BE IN VIOLATION OF OHIO REVISED CODE SECTION 2921.13. VIOLATION OF THIS SECTION IS PUNISHABLE BY A FINE OF UP TO $1000, 6 MONTHS IN PRISONMENT, OR BOTH.

Failure to respond will resort in an assesment (includes a 15% penalty) based upon the average retail price. please return this questionaire in the pre-addressed envlope.

I didn't see this when I made my last post.

I think the right thing to do has been posted. Find a way to contact the guy whose name was on the title before your's. Get your story straight, with somthing substantial being traded, or something like that, or fess up that you lied and pay some taxes on it.

I don't like having to pay taxes on something that has been taxed before. The original owner has paid a HUGE chunk of taxes on it, and every subsequent buyer of the same vehicle pays the taxes again! On top of that, you get taxed when you license it, and even taxed on every drop of fuel you put into a vehicle. Oh yeah, don't forget that you're taxed when you get your license to drive a vehicle.

Has anyone forwarded this to the IRS yet?

:lol:

You are winning the battle for the most retarded member of 2010.

"It's ra-taard"

Jcrotch... Goddamn. You are one stupid mother fucker.

lol.gif

You just broke my brain, sir.

I welcome your attempts at heartfelt reconcilliation.

:lol:The newb's fail with this thread to start, then the continued banter in a public forum is of such a high level of fail that it gets the win for entertainment value, even in its Darwin Award-like form. Please accept my sincere apology for breaking your CNS gearbox.

Ten pages of crap and here is all you need to know and exactly what Hoblick said.

*They are looking for inconsistencies in statements from the buyer and seller for the purpose of tax evasion. This is to avoid people leaving the price blank, or to be filled in by the buyer for whatever price he wants. So it they send a letter to BOTH parties and they need to say the same thing. He says you paid $0 and you say $500 they know someone is lying.

*And don't worry, whatever you put on the title stick with it. If worst comes to worst tell the authorties that this guy said he would pay you 2 grand to blow him and stick a plunger up your ass while you did it. Only AFTER you performed your services, did he say he couldn't come up with the cash, so you got his bike. I doubt they will want to know more about your situation or have any further questions for you.

Edited by ShankroidBeast
I went to bed with ichy butt and wake up with smelly finger

GEt a lawyer....For what?

You obviously arent the brightest crayon in the box if you think he needs a lawyer for this.

I have had a Dozen of these and never an issue as long as the buyer and seller put exactly whats on the title.

End of Story.

• 2 years later...
so as most of you know when i bought the GSXR the guy i bought it off of just put $0 on the title when I transfered the title. Now I got a letter from the department of taxation asking me to fill out a survey. I assuming im should just put I paid maybe $2000 for the bike and tell them it wasnt running when I bought it or should i just stick to the whole its a gift story on this survey?

Hi

I too got this letter today. Please let me know what you did and what happened to you. I am bit tensed.

Thanks a lot in advance