New River Gorge, WV Ride Sat May 15

fox_racing_guy

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

i would love to tag along from woodsfield area down. those are definately some nice roads and are in good shape right now other than 800 south out of woodsfield its pretty banged up. not being pushy but you might want to 145 out of lewisville down to lower salem then 821. ends in marietta. brand new black top and amazing! no matter what route i am in.

This year I got a group of guys coming down from Michigan June 17, 18, & 19. They will be staying at the Days Inn @ St Clairsville. One of the days they want me to take them down to the bridge and there will be some other shorter local rides in between. On the bridge ride we are probably going to have 2 groups, some of the MI guys are bringing vintage iron (Honda CBX's & such) and I don't want them trying to keep pace with the "A" group. I'll probably start a new thread when I get the details ironed out.

It is kinda funny, 60 replies to a ride/thread that nobody from here showed up for.

Yeh, shows its a popular subject and ride. We blew by there last summer on our way to NC running on the superslab. I mapped it and it shows running the 2 lane next to the slab down through WV and taking under 4 hrs. Although running 77 at 85 is a bit of fun by itself....:)

• 2 weeks later...
It is kinda funny, 60 replies to a ride/thread that nobody from here showed up for.

I'll show up if you post up.:) I've Know a gentleman with a vintage CBX with some twisties experience that's interested too if you've got some other vintage riders going.

i won't commit, but so far it doesn't look like i have a track day or race that weekend. so i will try to tag along. i won't be able to ride the whole weekend, but maybe the saturday or sunday.

hey, anyone remember that time we tried to do this fucking ride and it sucked?

Otherwise known as "Fonzie's Wet and Wild Slabtastic Voyage"?

Atleast you didn't get caught in a hail storm with tornado watches out on the way back.

Atleast you didn't get caught in a hail storm with tornado watches out on the way back.

We'll always have that special night, clinging to each other under the bank drive thru...

Cherished memories!