new bike is here.

redrocket04

Finally got the new bike home today. 2007 Yamaha V Star classic. 2,000 miles, and a pretty nice pearl white paint job. I'll get better pics tomorrow. Today, it was raining, so it stayed in the garage after being delivered.

IMAG0082.jpg

IMAG0085.jpg

Sorry.... But I absolutely HATE the apes on it :puke:

Congratz otherwise

Don't be sorry. Check out the background of the bottom pic. See that normal set of handlebars? They'll be on just as soon as I figure out what to do. :)

Sell the apes and cables. The extended cables are probably worth a lot. Hopefully stock cables will fit up on the new bars.

Really? I figured I'd just hang the apes in my garage, and tuck the cables to reuse them...

Hope you didn't pay too much. Could look sweet cleaned up and without the Schwinn Stingray bars.

$3,000 even, including delivery from Mount Vernon. Google makes switching the bars look easy, so I'm going to try to do it tomorrow morning. If anyone has experience and wants to help, then great. If not, hopefully I wn't run into any issues with it.