Trying to plan CSBA June Ride

JCMathis

I have heard several guys comment on the epic ride we did last year in June. I am thinking about doing a similar ride this June but I wanted to make sure the distance will not cause many of you to skip it. The total distance is 329 miles, if this is something you would be interested in doing let me know. There is really not much that can be done to shorten it without losing the best parts. I do everything possible to always avoid the interstate. This would definitely a full day in the saddle. This is the route that I have come up with so far.

http://ridewithgps.com/trips/40152

Edited by JCMathis
Better link

329 miles? I walk that to the fridge and back. Bring it on!

If you're looking to add more to that and avoid a bit more freeway, you might consider taking 93 south from Logan till you hit 50 in McArthur, then taking that East a bit till you hit 278 then taking that back up to Nelsonville. 93 has some great turns in the beginning of it and one or two long sweepers, and 278 is pretty fun as well. The only downside is that several miles of 93 are quite straight and boring, but I've always felt that the beginning of that road combined with 278 make it worth it.

Our rides will always be the 3rd Saturday of the month.

Well, that answers that one. I'll be about 12,000 miles away for this one. It sucks, because it looks to be the most fun ride so far, but a trip halfway around the world with girlfriend will defeat even the most fun bike ride.

Well, that answers that one. I'll be about 12,000 miles away for this one. It sucks, because it looks to be the most fun ride so far, but a trip halfway around the world with girlfriend will defeat even the most fun bike ride.

:nono: I would just kick her off and be done with it.

So.......

I was curious if there are any "flat twisties or at least aggressive sweepers" in Ohio for a good ride sometime? I'd live to find some roads sometime where the turns are not blocked by trees or rapid elevation changes so you can at least see the whole turn, any impending doom from traffic, and have a fair chance of ripping into the turn without worry of a decreasing radius or other un-planned event.

And before you say "just become a better rider".....(haha).....I'm working on that!

Anyway - thoughts on these types of roads, if anywhere?

The only place you will find that will be on the track. The confidence will come, just don't push it beyond your comfort level. That level will gradually increase the more you ride and put faith in the tires. Trust me, the bike will take those turns much deeper and quicker than you will ever want to do.

well, I checked my schedule and I have a family thing at 6pm on the 19th. Not sure that I'd be able to tag along on this long ride and still get back in time :( Otherwise, I'd be in for a long one.

:nono: You've gotts get your priorities straight girl. You are riding. :lol:

Too bad it will be so far away, or you could just bail early.