Putnam Park, May 30 track day

YSR_Racer_99

Sponsored by Indy Ducati, but they allow any bikes (I'm taking a Honda...). $175. Beginner, Intermediate, Expert. Track opens at 7am, tech starts 7:30, and first group should hit the track somewhere around 8:30 or 9am.

Call Indy Ducati to register at (317) 337-1098. Note: This is the Indy 500 weekend, so if you plan on hotelling it on Sat night, it may be a challenge.

Jeff

I couldn't make that weekend, I'm going camping with my son. Will keep my eyes open for future OR track days. I'm stoked but nervous, since I haven't been on a track in at least six years. I hear that sticking elbows out into the wind makes you faster.... GO SPIES!

Jeff, Lebanon

I don't understand why the ducati indy days are always too expensive. I would not pay $175 to ride putnam ever, there are always orgs doing it for $125-$140.

Not "always" doing it for $125, but only if you find the deals.. LIke nesba is hooking us up.. AND because indy ducati DOES NOT pack the field.. Ive seen as little as 15 - 20 in each session, and THEY flip the bill.. HEll the usually lose money every track day, AND they offer FREE SUSPENSION TUNING throughout the day to anyone who wants it... They do it as a service to their customers. They run a great track day out there, and well worth the 175.. PLUS its only like 150 if you pre registered a few months ago.. SO BOO YAAA!!! Thats why its $175 :)

EDIT - Also.. Indy Ducati has to front the money WAAAY before they have any idea how many people will sign up.. They arent huge like Nesba or STT, and don't bring in as many people.. They usually lose a little bit of money each track day, because of the cost.. If more people would sign up early, they wouldn't charge as much.. But its a huge risk.. Look at it if you were the one fronting the money.

ALSO.. Nesba and STT have dues for just joining to ride with them.. Don't forget those costs.

Edited by Dubguy85

Do it on the 12th or 13th with the rest of us and its only 125 and will be more organized and more geared to imrpoving your skills.

hey guys,

i would be up to try out Putnam.

i was going to do Grattan that month, but i've already been there, and like riding new places.

do i need to join any club or get a membership to ride on these dates above ?

i live 15 minutes from Gingerman and rode it last wed. and wasn't to impressed with it at all.

i was talking with some of you Ohio guys there this Sunday, and they spoke highly of Putnam.

dave

hey guys,

i was going to do Grattan that month, but i've already been there, and like riding new places.

i live 15 minutes from Gingerman and rode it last wed. and wasn't to impressed with it at all.

i was talking with some of you Ohio guys there this Sunday, and they spoke highly of Putnam.

dave

Nope.. Just $125.. but you have to call Brian Blume and tell him you are with Ohio Riders

Refer to thread http://www.ohio-riders.com/showthread.php?t=57753

hey guys,

dave

Where you the guy on the blue kawi I was talking to while we were packing up?

Dubguy, Make sure to come up and say "Hi". I'll have a clapped-out two stroke with white & orange bodywork with a red and black tank. Green avalanche tow vehicle.

Track days: I had no idea that track days could be so reasonable ($100, $125, etc), and I didn't blink at the $175. When I ran WERA years and years ago, a weekend would cost me notably more than that, so it didn't seem too unreasonable. Good point about the extra fees associated with some of the schools/ groups, but if you ride with them a few times a year, it might minimize the difference, right?

We were in Indy a few weeks ago, and stopped in to Indy Ducati to see the owner. We were neighbors with them many years ago in another state. He mentioned their track day, and piqued my interest.

Will keep my eyes open in the future for OR days.

Jeff, Lebanon-ish

Do it on the 12th or 13th with the rest of us and its only 125 and will be more organized and more geared to imrpoving your skills.

Dont see this day listed in the track forums. Am I just missing it?

Dubguy, Make sure to come up and say "Hi". I'll have a clapped-out two stroke with white & orange bodywork with a red and black tank. Green avalanche tow vehicle.

Track days: I had no idea that track days could be so reasonable ($100, $125, etc), and I didn't blink at the $175. When I ran WERA years and years ago, a weekend would cost me notably more than that, so it didn't seem too unreasonable. Good point about the extra fees associated with some of the schools/ groups, but if you ride with them a few times a year, it might minimize the difference, right?

We were in Indy a few weeks ago, and stopped in to Indy Ducati to see the owner. We were neighbors with them many years ago in another state. He mentioned their track day, and piqued my interest.

Will keep my eyes open in the future for OR days.

Jeff, Lebanon-ish

Sounds great.. I will see u there... Still dont know if I'm riding or just helping my dad in the pits.

hey guys,

Gingerman is one of those tracks where you have to tolerate it before you can love it. i went through the same thing with Nelson Ledges. It's scary to go fast there, but once you get past the fear and just ride, it's enjoyable.

That said, Putnam is a whole different level of awesome. I will definitely go back at Putnam later this summer. It's another 50 miles or so further than Gingerman to get there, but the lack of tolls makes the time and $$ difference worth it.

If Gingerman were 15 minutes away though; well, let's just I wouldn't give up on it just yet.