Ride on Sunday

vroddave

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya, I got spooked and got caught staring into the turn not through it. lost focus for 1 sec and it bit me in the ass.

The house in that corner gets you because its a blind uphill turn and it breaks left right at the crest, unfortunately right as you see the roof of the house. If you're not focused on the road that house pulls your attention just long enough to bite you.

Unless the road jumped up and bit you it is rider error, but i guess sitting and complaining about it is better than admitting fault.

Goal12 - you are the man, probably the first person on this site to ever admit fault for wrecking.

The house in that corner gets you because its a blind uphill turn and it breaks left right at the crest, unfortunately right as you see the roof of the house. If you're not focused on the road that house pulls your attention just long enough to bite you.

Isn't it a decreasing radius as well? Maybe it just seemed like it since I lost a bit of my attention and had to turn in harder...

that must be true. because i learned something when i rode with you down 83

You see absolute proof Tod(d)s are awesome.

Guys, I bought my riding ability by doing track days just like any of you can. I had way too many oh shit moments to remember and was fortunate enough not to get bitten by them. Luckily for me I did some track days before I started doing group rides or I would have probably been one of the guys wrecking. Track days taught me what the bike and I were capable of; they also gave me the experience to not get sucked in over my head with the faster guys. They taught me not to give up and a whole bunch of other skills. Riding faster was a byproduct of track days but the real value came from the safety margin I now ride in. Check my tires sometime if I'm at a group ride you will still see chicken strips yet I ride at a fairly quick street pace. I don't have any oh shit moments and can ride relaxed around faster riders. It makes group riding more enjoyable for me having these skills that track riding gave me. Track riding sounds expensive up front but if it keeps you from going down just once it's well worth it.

I've been on "quite a few" coshocton rides that no one has gone down...like 7 days a week, wake up everyday and push it as hard as you can rides, that no one has ate shit so obviously it is because of people riding above their pretty little heads think they can that causes them to go down. I've gone down qnd so have quite a few of us in coshocton. So 1000rr has no reason to take blame and props to the guy that did go down for admitting that it was his fault and not blaming other reasons...

shit happens and people wreck all the time but don't blame it on the people leading or the roads that cannot be controlled. If a turns radius decreases, someone is in your lane, gravel shows its ugly face, or there is horse shit all over the road...deal with it. Expect that even when it isn't there. That's just one of the dangers of pushing the limit on the streets.

Edited by ross

That's just one of the dangers of pushing the limit on the streets.

well maybe thats the problem too... people riding beyond their ability and "pushing the limits on the street". I think pushing the limits belongs on the track where everything is a bit more controlled, on the street "shit" happens that is outside the control of the rider, thats why there are "speed limits".... so there is more control over unforeseen circumstances... ride how you will but don't act surprised when something goes wrong when pushing the limits...

the house in that corner gets you because its a blind uphill turn and it breaks left right at the crest, unfortunately right as you see the roof of the house. If you're not focused on the road that house pulls your attention just long enough to bite you.

541???

well that solves that I will never ride thru coshocton with anyone... seems every time a group goes in it's like thunderdome... 2 men enter 1 man leaves... Someone always seems to wreck out there...
the thunderdome part made me laugh.
Another Noob bites it in kershockton..........

imagine that :rolleyes:

...see below... an ill add. Its not the county, but the rider.

It's not the bike but the rider :(

I made with a bike that i have just been learning to corner. Hey thanx again Todd for leading me on another great ride. I'm already back in Florida settling down had a great weekend with a long ass drive home. Great meeting you porter and chevysoldier and goal12.

I made with a bike that i have just been learning to corner. Hey thanx again Todd for leading me on another great ride. I'm already back in Florida settling down had a great weekend with a long ass drive home. Great meeting you porter and chevysoldier and goal12.

Thanks for putting up with my slow ass! It was good metting you as well, I had a blast, and learned a lot.

BTW... How did that burger treat you? I think Todd is just full of crap, because it didn't bother me in the least! :monkeypoo:

No before that where you come up the hill and it breaks left just as you top the hill to head down.
right where TR 76b intersects with 541?
Let me know when the next ride is. I need to get my first wreck out of the way too.

But on a serious note, I want to find the good roads in Coshocton. Since the 30th is Dayton ride maybe the weekend after?

I need a good ride around here. I haven't gotten out much.

This is why I also decided to wreck at the tracks lol. Now I know where my limits are and how far past them I can go...

I still need to get out to Coshocton. Ross, you need to get at me and do this. I won't ride in groups more then a handful after last year though. I don't care if its a large group with several smaller groups, that's fine. I m not there to measure dicks(mainly because thats just gay).