Yamaha of Columbus

redrocket04

I took my bike in because it was fooked. Throttle wouldn't work, and after myself, and several others couldn't get it fixed, I decided it was time to get it fixed by the shop. Moose came and picked it up at my house on his day off, which was awesome of him, and they got it taken care of. It needed new throttle cables, as well as a new switch box. I finally got it back on Wednesday, and I'm very happy with the results. It works, I've put a little over 800 miles on it since Friday morning, and it's great. Throttle still kinda hangs a little bit, but since its new parts, I'm thinking it's just a Vstar thing. Definitely recommend the Pony for repairs and service in Cbus.

Throttle still kinda hangs a little bit, but since its new parts, I'm thinking it's just a Vstar thing.

That's the cruise control they threw in for free :lol:

Throttle returns can be summed up this way. It needs to "return", go to idle when you let go. From any and all throttle settings. Anything else is wrong. What it might do when the engine isn't running, doesn't count. It's ok if it doesn't feel like a real strong return and shut off, since you have to hold it at a throttle setting when riding. As long as it does return to idle when the engine is running and you let go of the throttle. Get it fixed if it does not.

Historical footnote: motorcycles didn't used to have a throttle return. Where you set it, was where it stayed. Federal safety rules changed that.

Throttle returns can be summed up this way. It needs to "return", go to idle when you let go. From any and all throttle settings. Anything else is wrong. What it might do when the engine isn't running, doesn't count. It's ok if it doesn't feel like a real strong return and shut off, since you have to hold it at a throttle setting when riding. As long as it does return to idle when the engine is running and you let go of the throttle. Get it fixed if it does not.

Historical footnote: motorcycles didn't used to have a throttle return. Where you set it, was where it stayed. Federal safety rules changed that.

if it's not acting right bring it back by.... sounds like it needs a slight adjustment...

Meh, cables... they are finicky. My '02 clutch cable annoys me. But now that it is rather warm outside, it's not near as bad. It's probable in need of removal, cleaning, and fresh lube. The only reason I noticed it, was the clutch cable on the '07 is a lot smoother. Both bikes have too much throttle free play at shutoff. I need to fix that times two.

Clutch cable?? Whats that,bikes still have those? :)

Sorry, didn't mean to diss your one speed bike...

I haven't been fortunate enough to own a bike with a hydraulic clutch.

Must be nice... But I gots one on my Jeep.