June 27, 2010 meeting for Coshocton ride

Uncle Punk

Yea, but only because the ride down there is all flat and straight. :D

This should present the perfect scenario for you then on the land yacht you own...you know...go fast in a straight line...brake hard to 5 mph for a 35 mph turn.

Besides, we all know you're the 'new MJ' and back out of every ride put together so far.

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've only been on the forum for a month and a half, I've been riding quite a bit longer than that, actually got my full endorsement when I was 17, I'm 22 now. the R6 is bike #5 for me

5 bikes in 5 years? Rich, wrecked them, or financially irresponsible? :p;):lol:

Just fucking with'cha! ;) Seriously though, how does 5 bikes in 5 years come into play?

5 bikes in 5 years? Rich, wrecked them, or financially irresponsible? :p;):lol:

haha, no. Never been down on a bike, well. a minibike once, lol!

The previous 4 were ones I restored, to sell and make a proft, and work my way up to an R6. :D

in this order, '76 DT175 Enduro(doenst really count, never went on the road with it), '76 KZ400, '73 CB360, '76 CB550, '78 XS750

Edited by tachman

oh pssshh. I'm not rich, lol pretty much paid for every toy I've had. Only bike I didnt pay for was my 175 enduro, my dad wanted me to get riding 2 wheels.

Every bike except for the R6, I bought for 100-200 bucks and restored them to make a little profit

Y'all want I can peek at the SR60 thang for ya!? PM me and I will. So how many critters do ya think can be added to the BBQ list?

Psst, they have paved sections of USR62 and the chip and seal on SR520 is covered with new pave as well. I will go chck on CR19 (the other side), the other day there was paving equipment there. They may be addressing the rougher section on the road (between Layland and Spring Mtn.). AND the CR20 has new pavement (from SR206 towards CR19). SR206 sucked last nite, gravel and dirt everywhere.

Lemme know on pre-vis SR60 is a walk from my place!

Edited by littlecarbsbigsmiles

Y'all want I can peek at the SR60 thang for ya!? So how many critters do ya think can be added to the BBQ list?

I was on it Saturday and there was no water on it but they still had the signs up. A lot can change in two weeks so we should wait until the 25th or 26th to send out the scouts.

oh pssshh. I'm not rich, lol pretty much paid for every toy I've had. Only bike I didnt pay for was my 175 enduro, my dad wanted me to get riding 2 wheels.

Every bike except for the R6, I bought for 100-200 bucks and restored them to make a little profit

mmm hmmm.. :p

As much as I would love to join everyone on this ride I am just not confident enough in my riding skills to keep at a steady pace with everyone.I not Tachman have only been riding for about a month and a half.So maybe by the end of Summer when i get a few more thousand miles under my belt I will attend one of these group rides.Right now I just dont want to piss anyone off or make people feel like they have to wait for me.I dont want to be that guy.

mmm hmmm.. :p

lol, mikey can verify. Heck he was even there when I dropped a 10mm nut down through the cylinder head cover on my CB550 when I was putting the motor back together. I was ragedddd. lol. I'll always put rags when working with a open engine from now on.... :D

As much as I would love to join everyone on this ride I am just not confident enough in my riding skills to keep at a steady pace with everyone.I not Tachman have only been riding for about a month and a half.So maybe by the end of Summer when i get a few more thousand miles under my belt I will attend one of these group rides.Right now I just dont want to piss anyone off or make people feel like they have to wait for me.I dont want to be that guy.

I thought you and abby stopped for coffee when kevin and I decided to have a duel, lol!

lol, mikey can verify. Heck he was even there when I dropped a 10mm nut down through the cylinder head cover on my CB550 when I was putting the motor back together. I was ragedddd. lol. I'll always put rags when working with a open engine from now on.... :D

I thought you and abby stopped for coffee when kevin and I decided to have a duel, lol!

I wish I knew how to work on bikes. Thats something me and my father could never do, work together.

Wasn't much of a duel you never had a chance against Kevin.

we were both running the same pace, its good.

I just need moar motor. err... torque I mean.

If I had an RC51, then it would be duel of the fates, the RC and the Duc 996/998 are pretty much sworn enemies...

waitemike85 I can honestly say I was in your same boat last year hitting the metro parks will give you some good experience but nothing like the roads in c-town but I can vouch for the guys in coshocton they noticed my buddy laggen behind and not only did they give him advice at the rest stops DAIVVIPAI2K5 actually pulled over during the ride to help him out and give some great pointers and because of that these coshocton Dee-Bags will always have my respect due to keepin it safe the best they can !!

you would miss out on a great experience.

I love you Mike.

:lol:

we were both running the same pace, its good.

I just need moar motor. err... torque I mean.

If I had an RC51, then it would be duel of the fates, the RC and the Duc 996/998 are pretty much sworn enemies...

Thx Kevin lmao

And Tristan stop making excuses he had you the whole time and when you were close its because he let you haha

Sorry about mixing you two up, you are both new and from the same area so I don't have you two straight yet. If you are not comfortable yet I can really respect your decision. No matter what we will be waiting on someone, I regret people getting the impression this is going to be a fast ride because that wasn't my intent.

70 MPH for the most part between the curves, passing on double yellow is acceptable and needed to keep things together. If you are not comfortable riding like that or just don't want to that's just fine all group rides are different. No one is expected to go fast through the curves at all that is a skill that takes time and experience to develop and we do not expect everyone to have the same skills. This is about meeting new folks and having some fun. Coshocton has some great roads around it that most people don't get to ride except for events like this.