June 27, 2010 meeting for Coshocton ride

Uncle Punk

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm down for a Coshocton ride. Hopefully I can wake up that early!

How long for you to get to Coshocton? We are leaving from Adam's house at 10:00 AM

I'll go if there's gonna be a few mildly slower people there. I hate to hold the pack up, but still want to go for the ride.

You made the last ride fine why not this one? I am expecting newer riders to show up because it's posted on the internet; you can be the Queen of the slow group. I will make sure to have some zip ties for you.

We should have enough support to handle the slower guys. I would suggest that anyone not comfortable with exceeding the speed limit by 15 MPH not show up. You don't have to go through curves any faster than you are comfortable but at least be willing to ride about 70 MPH between them. We state all the time around here that anyone can go fast straight without much skill and if you can't or aren't willing to do so this group ride isn't for you.

We state all the time around here that anyone can go fast straight without much skill and if you can't or aren't willing to do so this group ride isn't for you.

Looks like Uncle Fuck just eliminated a bunch of people from "HIS" ride.

Just make sure Baby is securely attached because we all know Budell likes little white babies.

Edited by r1crusher

Looks like Uncle Fuck just eliminated a bunch of people from "HIS" ride.

Just make sure Baby is securely attached because we all know Budell likes little white babies.

If you can't keep up Kevin we will miss you.

The baby bites and yet Budell still tries to play with it.

I am only trying to let people know what to expect from this group ride not exclude anyone. If this type of riding isn't your thing you shouldn't make an effort to show up only to not enjoy yourself and frustrate the rest of the group. There are plenty of rides posted that will meet other expectations, I don't show up on those rides and try to make them go faster and I don't feel like they are excluding me. If anyone has rode with me in the past I am willing to help anyone that shows up on a ride, if they ask for help or I can see where a little input could help them. I don't know the roads down there so Adam and the Coshocton crew will be leading, I most likely will be in some sort of support function once we get to Coshocton so this ride isn't all about me. I really enjoyed the last few rides down there and hope to help out where we all can enjoy another one.

If you can't keep up Kevin we will miss you.

The baby bites and yet Budell still tries to play with it.

I am only trying to let people know what to expect from this group ride not exclude anyone. If this type of riding isn't your thing you shouldn't make an effort to show up only to not enjoy yourself and frustrate the rest of the group. There are plenty of rides posted that will meet other expectations, I don't show up on those rides and try to make them go faster and I don't feel like they are excluding me. If anyone has rode with me in the past I am willing to help anyone that shows up on a ride, if they ask for help or I can see where a little input could help them. I don't know the roads down there so Adam and the Coshocton crew will be leading, I most likely will be in some sort of support function once we get to Coshocton so this ride isn't all about me. I really enjoyed the last few rides down there and hope to help out where we all can enjoy another one.

I'm sure I can keep up...maybe not in the very front but at least a couple miles in front of Justin.

And that's Budell for ya, he thinks it's all a game until he's missing some part of his tiny package.

I'm sure we all know you're just doing this out of the goodness of your heart Tod. Quit being such a panty waist and tell those people how it's going to be!

Gawd I hope I can make this ride. 1) Ctown roads are great other than the Amish. 2) Riding with Uncle Punk is fun. :cool:

It's good that Punk said what it'll be like so I don't have to worry about someone trying to kill me riding over their head.

Gawd I hope I can make this ride. 1) Ctown roads are great other than the Amish. 2) Riding with Uncle Punk is fun. :cool:

It's good that Punk said what it'll be like so I don't have to worry about someone trying to kill me riding over their head.

You definitely need to come.... you've been saying you want to head north for a ride.

I didn't realize that I'm in the NEO section..... I'll probably have to leave from cbus around 845 or 9, which should be no problem.

Tehy probably don't want any of us from Central Ohio mucking up their ride... Except for MJ maybe...:rolleyes:

I have no issue with doing 70 on the way there, or going quick through the turns.

I can't imagine you all will be riding super close to each other in the turns, although I'm pretty confident that I can hold my line in a turn, just as long as you guys arent doing knee-dragging speeds, lol!

If anything, I would opt for an intermediate group, since I've only ridden with at most 3 other people, never done a group ride before

I find this extremely reasonable. This is UP's ride. He's set the tone for the pace that will be kept. If you aren't willing/able to keep that pace you should check another ride.. or' date=' start your own.

That being said, I'm familiar with the Coshocton area. If some folks find they might be in over their heads, I'm more than willing to dial back and start an "intermediate" group. I usually don't ride with the über fast guys, anyway. I'm more of a mid-pack kind of rider. Also, riding fast and riding stupid aren't mutually inclusive. UP and his band of "RickyRacers" don't ride stupid. They just ride fast. If I were to try and keep up that would be riding stupid... and would most likely lead to me launching off a cliff. Since I'm too old for that Superman ride I'll not be doing that. However, keeping a 70mph pace in not really difficult.

Yes. BRB... :p[/quote']

First off this is not my ride but I did have a hand in whining enough to Adam to agree to do it for us. Other rides are available for those people who think the Coshocton rides are too fast. I want to avoid people showing up and then complaining afterwards that the ride was too fast for them. I have been on Coshocton rides when there weren't any accidents and on rides when there were accidents. I have been on many other group rides when there weren't any accidents and when there were, in every case that I can remember the accidents came from the middle of the pack not out front. I have defended these rides in the past when others have criticized them for crashing people like it was the groups fault for the accidents. In some respects those critics were right some people don't have a realistic grasp of their skill level so in an effort to eliminate any drama after the fact I am trying to make sure the people who show up realize what to expect. This ride will be the same as the last rides and no one will be left behind.

I appreciate the offer of help and if needed might take you up on it but depending on how many people show up there may be three groups. I will lead any of the slower groups or be the tail gunner of any group. So far every ride I have been on down there they have had plenty enough support from the locals who know the roads and sacrifice their rides to offer assistance to the group. The last ride I was on down there 27 bikes showed up, if more show up this time they might need additional help. I might ask others I know and have ridden with to help out if needed.

I have no issue with doing 70 on the way there, or going quick through the turns.

I can't imagine you all will be riding super close to each other in the turns, although I'm pretty confident that I can hold my line in a turn, just as long as you guys arent doing knee-dragging speeds, lol!

If anything, I would opt for an intermediate group, since I've only ridden with at most 3 other people, never done a group ride before

I'm sure there will be about 10x more than your 3 people most likely. Also, I don't take too friendly to someone on my six too close. You'll get a verbal warning if you ride my ass un-safely even though I don't want it done at all. I had some kid dangerously riding on my ass once and it pissed me off so much that I told the little fucker to go ahead. He was riding so over his head he started slowing me up and I passed him. I then told him to stay off my ass because he just proved that he can't hold a fast pace safely and he needs to be behind me about 5 bike lengths minimum. Someone I don't trust their skill enough creeps me out on my rear tire. Only a select few I know I trust close to me on my bike.

Edited by NinjaNick

I'm not saying I'm a slow rider, but i have never been on these roads. I am more cautious on rodes i have never been on. I don't want to sound like a newb but I'm not sure of my skill level either. But i don't keep my bike upright in turns nor do i keep a slower pace. This is starting to sound like an expert only ride... Id like to join but i don't want to get bitched at if i may take a turn at a novice pace..