June 27, 2010 meeting for Coshocton ride

Uncle Punk

I'd like to make this ride, to meet some of the northerners. I'm not sure if I can pull it off though, especially if I go on the CSBA/Brian Kinney ride this weekend, as that would be 3 weeks in a row. I'll also have to see how the 250 is feeling.

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't realize that I'm in the NEO section..... I'll probably have to leave from cbus around 845 or 9, which should be no problem.

You shouldn't be drinking this early in the day.

I have no issue with doing 70 on the way there, or going quick through the turns.

I can't imagine you all will be riding super close to each other in the turns, although I'm pretty confident that I can hold my line in a turn, just as long as you guys arent doing knee-dragging speeds, lol!

If anything, I would opt for an intermediate group, since I've only ridden with at most 3 other people, never done a group ride before

You might need to understand a little better what I said. The pace between the curves will be about 70 MPH; no one is expecting you to go quickly through the turns. Going quickly through the curves requires skill that you shouldn't have only riding a month and a half. Riding 70 MPH in a straight line doesn't require much skill. I want to be very clear with you that it is very easy to get sucked in over your head on rides like this with your experience level, do not try to keep up with anyone ever, ride your own pace and to your skill level. Wrecks change the mood of the whole ride; I would rather wait for someone than wait for the helicopter to take them to the hospital.

I'm not saying I'm a slow rider, but i have never been on these roads. I am more cautious on rodes i have never been on. I don't want to sound like a newb but I'm not sure of my skill level either. But i don't keep my bike upright in turns nor do i keep a slower pace. This is starting to sound like an expert only ride... Id like to join but i don't want to get bitched at if i may take a turn at a novice pace..

As they have said, they will not leave you behind. If it's like any other ride I've been on down there, they will wait to make a turn, or pull away from a stop until everyone has caught up. Ride your own ride, and if you're holding anybody up, wave them by.

Sad to say, but both rides I've been on down that way have had bikes go down. Both were riding a bit over their heads, or at least for the conditions. Only one was a Katana, ironically enough.

Cool' date=' Tony. I'm on the "Old Man Bike" now, so no more shenanigans from me. Honest... (lulz)[/quote']

Haha, I like the (lulz) at the end of that. My first ever "'group" ride was with you and we all got pulled over by the police. :D

I'm not saying I'm a slow rider, but i have never been on these roads. I am more cautious on rodes i have never been on. I don't want to sound like a newb but I'm not sure of my skill level either. But i don't keep my bike upright in turns nor do i keep a slower pace. This is starting to sound like an expert only ride... Id like to join but i don't want to get bitched at if i may take a turn at a novice pace..

Holly, I think you'll be fine. You held your own well on the last ride.

You might need to understand a little better what I said. The pace between the curves will be about 70 MPH; no one is expecting you to go quickly through the turns. Going quickly through the curves requires skill that you shouldn't have only riding a month and a half. Riding 70 MPH in a straight line doesn't require much skill. I want to be very clear with you that it is very easy to get sucked in over your head on rides like this with your experience level, do not try to keep up with anyone ever, ride your own pace and to your skill level. Wrecks change the mood of the whole ride; I would rather wait for someone than wait for the helicopter to take them to the hospital.

I have to make up for the lack of acceleration my 250 provides by going faster through the corners. I don't go faster than I can handle though. There have only been a couple times I have come close to getting out of my comfort level of cornering speed on group rides, and one was because a bike went down a couple bikes in front of me, and I didn't know why the grass and dirt were flying in front of me until I was past it.

I kinda feel the same way, the picture that UP painted, I guess I just picture knee dragging. Maybe I'm assuming the fastest pace, Idk.

I just dont want to get in someones way or piss someone off.

You will be fine this is not an expert’s only ride we will break it down to how ever many groups are necessary. I stated that people who are willing to exceed the speed limit should show up not people who want to race. There will be no trophies or timed events no one cares if you beat them to anywhere on the ride. The best rides are ones where no one goes down all day, if it takes you riding slower in the curves to keep upright no one will be bitching about you. You will however be bitched at if you are riding too fast, that's right too fast. If you are riding too fast for your skill level everyone around you can tell, you cross the yellow lines which should never happen unless you are passing a car. I expect everyone to say something to one of the leaders or to the actual person if they are riding too fast.

So what time are we getting up Nick? :)
I say 730am we leave? So we can take a rest in Cbus before hitting ctown.

Maybe some crazy columbus riders will meet us at Iron Pony to lead us out there like last year. Last year Shittygsxr, Ross, and WhoDey led me and Wrillo there from the Pony.

The responsible thing to do would be to ride within the legal limits and NOT put people, who's skill level you wouldn't normally know, at risk. After all, its about the ride, not how big your dick is. Save that shit for a track day. :roll:

BUUUUUT... if you want to chase someone through the turns, I may offer my services. ;) jp...sorta

The responsible thing to do would be to ride within the legal limits and NOT put people, who's skill level you wouldn't normally know, at risk. After all, its about the ride, not how big your dick is. Save that shit for a track day. :roll:

BUUUUUT... if you want to chase someone through the turns, I may offer my services. ;)

Oh boy, here we go. :rolleyes:

I kinda feel the same way, the picture that UP painted, I guess I just picture knee dragging. Maybe I'm assuming the fastest pace, Idk.

I just dont want to get in someones way or piss someone off.

If you are willing to try to keep a pace between curves and pass on double yellows you will be fine. I.P. is correct judging entrance speed is an important skill to have don't try to hold that 70 MPH pace too long if you should be slowing down for a curve. You won't be in anyone’s way after you find your appropriate spot in the group no matter what your pace is.

Agreed. If the guy in front of you tears throw a corner 15 mph faster than you' date=' but you're the one blowing across the double yellow... you're the rider that is riding too fast.[/quote']

Perfect statement

BUUUUUT... if you want to chase someone through the turns, I may offer my services. ;) jp...sorta

This should be a fun time if everyone goes into it knowing what to expect. I would hope people know what they want to do and are responsible enough to make their own decisions about if this sounds like the type of riding they want to do. Some group rides don't go over the speed limit and they won't pass a car going -5 if there is a double yellow, this is not going to be that type of ride. No one is expected to ride faster that they can handle though.

If you want to challenge someone to follow you through curves this might not be the group for you to ride with, we are not racing here and no one should be riding over their heads. (I expect everyone to congratulate me on my constraint here.)

I've only been on the forum for a month and a half, I've been riding quite a bit longer than that, actually got my full endorsement when I was 17, I'm 22 now. the R6 is bike #5 for me

Edited by tachman

Perfect statement

If you want to challenge someone to follow you through curves this might not be the group for you to ride with, we are not racing here and no one should be riding over their heads. (I expect everyone to congratulate me on my constraint here.)

i congratulate you :D I was waiting for a more typical UP reply......