Non-Ethanol Gas in columbus?

Das Borgen

We can spend all days discussing the virtues of material properties and chemistry behind the reagants plastic and its different polymers when reacted with alcohol. And I'd be all for it, but not here please

anybody care to tell me of a normal gas selling pump company that carries unleaded E0 gas?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Website for listing all the Ethanol-free gas stations in the U.S. and Canada

http://pure-gas.org/

This is from the other forum you posted in, lol....

(or someone with an identical question)

Summary: one in central Ohio. The boat dock at Alum Creek Park Marina - 90 octane. Only one other station listed, and it's in Chardon OH.

Lewis Center unbranded 90 Alum Creek State Park Marina 4000 Hollenback Rd map details

funny.

It'll (ethanol) be mainstream within the next few years.

http://ethanol.org/

Using ethanol benefits everyone. Finally the farmers of America will get the money they deserve. It burns cleaner. Its cheaper (not a whole lot right now, but will be drastically cheaper once mass produced like gasoline).

Website for listing all the Ethanol-free gas stations in the U.S. and Canada

http://pure-gas.org/

This is from the other forum you posted in, lol....

(or someone with an identical question)

Summary: one in central Ohio. The boat dock at Alum Creek Park Marina - 90 octane. Only one other station listed, and it's in Chardon OH.

Lewis Center unbranded 90 Alum Creek State Park Marina 4000 Hollenback Rd map details

nice :)

thanks

which forum, btw?

We can spend all days discussing the virtues of material properties and chemistry behind the reagants plastic and its different polymers when reacted with alcohol. And I'd be all for it, but not here please

anybody care to tell me of a normal gas selling pump company that carries unleaded E0 gas?

LOL, rich, welcome to OR!!!!

unless they have changed..Meijer gas was 100% gasoline

How is it pumped into the trucks that deliver it. Where is it mixed? That might shed some light on why it's not available anywhere anymore.

Good work reconrat on actually answering the question BTW.

Ohio no longer requires ethanol notification at the pumps. (since 2002)

It's all E10 (10% ethanol) unless stated otherwise.

Is there some petition we can sign to try and reverse this?

This is kind of interesting. A hole bunch of manufactures recommend or prohibit the use of E10.

Apparently Ducati says not to use it at all

http://www.fuel-testers.com/manufacturer_fuel_recommendations_ethanol_e10.html

Edited by vw151

it was just an anecdote buddy by denoting the 748 has no cats. I m more worried about my car if E15 were to pass. BMW says E10 is OK for the S52B32 motor in my car per that fuel-tester website and I'm sure it was designed to be compliant with the cats

in any event, I meant to note my car because the difference in MPG will be bigger (percentage-wise because the base mileage is smaller))

EPA is 17/25/20 MPG for my M3 and I've been returning 23-25mpg per tank so I wanna see the percent increase in my mileage..... My car's computer (tank range displayed on computer screen) tells me it should be getting 440miles per tank but I get about 380 in reality.

My duc has been 39-45mpg so it would be nice to see the difference too but that's not my prerogative in this study

Edited by Das Borgen

WTF - I thought I got away from this stuff when I left Cuyahoga county. Up there they only used to add it November through March or so.

Sunoco Ultra 94 used to be guaranteed alcohol free. Not all stations have it.

I'd be interested to see some solid info on what the situation is around here - I assumed that the gas I get in Delaware county is alcohol free.

• 2 weeks later...

Meijer *used* to advertise 100% gasoline. They have stopped that practice a couple years ago.

I usualy get gas from UDF in Hilliard, it may be mental, but both the bike and truck seem to run better, I dunno.

There are somewhat simple ways to test for ethanol if you have the right stuff. (test tubes, and rap) I thought about getting a test kit, and going around to several stations around Columbus, and seeing what the results are.

On another thought, maybe we should start raising a stink, and get it to be law that it's labeled properly in this state.

which UDF? what street?

Corner of Cemetery and Leap - I'm not sure if it's E10 or not, but the old Ford always seems to run a bit better on it.

I'm going to see if I can get some test tubes, and do that water test, I'm curious.

• 11 months later...