Got backed into...kinda onto, need advice.

Bigbird

I don't want to go too much into it as this just happened yesterday and I don't want the insurance company of the other guy getting all fussy. I'm ok, was able to bail before getting pinned under the bike. The bike however has a bit of cosmetic damage. I believe it's ok mechanically, but I guess the forks could be kinda jacked up, or it could need aligned or whatever. As far as all of this goes right now I just need some recommendations on shops to get my baby fixed at. I won't be getting it fixed for a while as I've got to go to court because the driver of the car was cited and is under 17, and I'm almost positive they're going to dispute.

If they are paying take it to a reputable dealership. They should have their people trained the most about your type of bike. I don't know of any motorcycle body shops.

as far as what?

Mostly cosmetic damage, but I guess there could theoretically be some mechanical issues. I rode it back around the block to my girlfriends afterwards. As things start to pan out I'll post up pictures of the damage. Like I said I don't want to do or say anything that will piss off the other insurance company.

I guess the quick rundown is that the front fairing will definitely need replaced as its completely cracked in multiple places, the left headlight might need replaced, the crank case is scratched/gashed, right footpeg is broken off and the brake pedal is bent in, scratches all over both side fairings, the right handlebar was dragged across the ground, so I don't know if its bent or anything, and probably more stuff I'm forgetting.

that's gonna be expensive, take it to a Kawi dealer and make them pay out the ass for it

Was insurance info exchanged?

Was there a police report?

If it is still rideable I would take to a dealer and get an estimate and have that ready to go

I do a lot of our insurance claims for my company so I'm starting to get this stuff down like clock work

that's gonna be expensive, take it to a Kawi dealer and make them pay out the ass for it

Was insurance info exchanged?

Was there a police report?

If it is still rideable I would take to a dealer and get an estimate and have that ready to go

I do a lot of our insurance claims for my company so I'm starting to get this stuff down like clock work

Yes, yes, and yes...kind of. There isn't a foot peg on the right side, so that's kind of a pain. Also I'm worried about riding it to a dealership for fear of them saying I potentially screwed something up riding it after the accident and refusing to pay for something. I suppose I could get it towed and then get their insurance company to repay me for that. I figured the total would end up being quite a bit with all the fairing damage.

Yes, yes, and yes...kind of. There isn't a foot peg on the right side, so that's kind of a pain. Also I'm worried about riding it to a dealership for fear of them saying I potentially screwed something up riding it after the accident and refusing to pay for something. I suppose I could get it towed and then get their insurance company to repay me for that. I figured the total would end up being quite a bit with all the fairing damage.

Well depending on the insurance company they may dispute the tow bill only because you were able to ride it away from the scene of the accident. Most though, I would think would cover it since its not technically "safe". As far as riding it to a dealership to get the estimate and then not be covered for damage, I've never heard of that happening before but there is always a first for everything I guess. Frankly, the dealership I'm sure could give a shit what is broken on it when it arrives as long as they get paid by the insurance company

if you're not sure how it's going to end just yet, only get an estimate. don't start work on it.

if they do pay, tell them to give you a check for the estimated charges. make sure the dealership gives you a thorough "no lube" estimate.

If the frame is scratched any..even a tiny little scratch..insurance will just total it out.

yep, and im gonna guess that since the crank case is scratched, it will also be totalled...hell it sounds totalled anyways...it doesnt take much to total a bike.

if they total it out, buy it back fo sho. also, when they try to figure out how much to give you for the total value, find a couple of the highest for sale ads from dealerships for your similar bike and tell them not to low ball you.

The price the bike is offered for sale is different than what it sells at I bought a car once and the dealer showed me a printout of the actual sales price of similarly equipped vehicles in a 3-state area that month - maybe you can ask the dealer if they have access to that prinout?

Lol thanks. Also I still haven't heard from the other insurance company. I'm sure it's probably just because of the holiday weekend, but I'm going to call them tomorrow and make sure they get the ball rolling. If it does end up being totalled, I want to know sooner rather than later.

the best bodyshop in all of Ohio is located right around the corner from Iron Pony: AchBach...........they are one of they very places that can repair aluminum bonded frames and they do high end stuff........... The owner is also very cool

it s overkill but hey, it is the best...trust me. They don t have a banner or a website... I dare to come look at my roommate's subaru and be able to tell it s been resprayed

the best bodyshop in all of Ohio is located right around the corner from Iron Pony: AchBach...........they are one of they very places that can repair aluminum bonded frames and they do high end stuff........... The owner is also very cool

it s overkill but hey, it is the best...trust me. They don t have a banner or a website... I dare to come look at my roommate's subaru and be able to tell it s been resprayed

this is completely off topic however if thats your M3 in you signature you must know my buddy Kyle