hocking ride

jaybird

I found a great ride: Directions, Go to Stoutsville, Ohio to Stoutsville -Oakland Rd, to Rt. 159 turn left at Julian Rd keep going into Hocking Co. on Buna-Vistia Rd, keep on that road until you come to Rt. 33, turn right on 33, on down and turn right on Rt. 374. You can also go to the Hocking Hills Market across from Rt 374, a small MC shop there. Go on up the road and come to a stop aand then decide which way you want to go,either to old mans cave or Laurelville. The ride is twisty and very good roads. About 70 mile round trip from Stoutsville.

Have fun.

jaybird...you just scratched the surface in the Hocking Hills.The section of 374 you posted is one of the best,but there is a lot of great roads in H.H...Big Pine Rd,Kreashbaum,Illsboro-Ceder Falls,Harble-Griffith,SR56,Chapel Hill,Thompson Ridge,SR69?.

Also,check out Clearcreek rd just west(or north) of SR374 on SR33,just look for the Clearcreek metro park signs.It's just a decent road,but it has some good scenery,and if you come in from SR33 there's a BIG rock that will definitely get your attention.

Edited by drc32-0

Thanks! I've heard of this 'Hocking' area. I'll have to check it out someday. I'm checking it out on Google Maps right now. It seems to be...route 33 South and go right at 374. That 374 looks nice and curvy!

:lol:

BTW, Clearcreek Rd. is a potholed mess right now.

374 Has some loose gravel laying around on 1/3 of the turns where they just put down some new asphalt. Big Pine is fine but still some loose gravel here and there as well.

Definitely a good route.

56 is a blast.

664 to 374 to 56 and around is always fun.

374 Has some loose gravel laying around on 1/3 of the turns where they just put down some new asphalt. Big Pine is fine but still some loose gravel here and there as well.

Definitely a good route.

56 is a blast.

664 to 374 to 56 and around is always fun.

ODOT's practice of lining newly paved roads with loose gravel is a BIG problem!I firmly believe that they are going to kill or injure people with this practice.I was down on SR255 and SR800 yesterday and they are lining those roads with a finer gravel mix that is about the color of the pavement.Very unsafe!

I've got to find out who I need to contact to try to get this practice stopped,or altered,so great curves aren't deathtraps.

Hey Radio Flyer...love the avatar...A bus came by and I got on,that's when it all began...

Edited by drc32-0

Clear Creek is terrible. You have to work really hard to miss those gigantic pot holes. In a couple of spots there is nothing you can do. Stand up on the pegs, grin and bear it.:wtf:

Yea, I was going to check out Lake Logan , But somehow missed the sign. The G/F said she saw it, but I must have looked somewhere else at that time. I know that there was a bunch of bikes out that way today. I saw all kinds of ppl riding together. We just jumped on the Goldwing and ended up in that direction.

• 1 year later...

all the corners are clean. this is what the route looks like. we have a video of the full route as well

ENOUGH already we get it . no need bringing 2 year old posts back from the dead too.

i was thinking of going down there this weekend. then taking 78 over to 555 down to the river. 78-555 may be a bit ambitious in a day coming from Troy.

Hit 669 if your down that way!

i was thinking of going down there this weekend. then taking 78 over to 555 down to the river. 78-555 may be a bit ambitious in a day coming from Troy.

From Troy take I-70 to 56 and just keep going south. When you get to 278 turn left to get to rt33 (then back home thru Columbus) or right and go past Zeleski to reach 50. Turn right on 50 and it takes you to 35 back to Dayton, then us 68 or 75 to get home. Short little trip.;)