Track Days Coming Up?

katanafreak

Hey all! i am finally getting out of the army and i will be heading back to cleveland on august 1st. i am anxious to get out on the track. i did my last track in texas this past weekend at eagles canyon raceway. really fun track!!! i was just wondering what track days were coming up around ohio that everyone is going to? would love to meet some new people and since i will be in ohio a long time hopfully meet some people to pit with at the tracks. i tend to go to alot of them. I am a level 2 rider or intermediate rider not sure how it works up there. i am getting better and faster but still have a ways to go. So if anyone is doing a trackday in the first or second week of august and dont mind a new guy taggin along please let me know i love these things and love making friends to chase around the track!

I'll be at putnam august 14th and 15th.. its setup through nesba. If you haven't ridden with nesba you have to start out in begginer, if your good you'll get bumped quick.

Me and my buddy will both be there, if you go, fell free to stop at my canopy and say hi and be with us.

I'll be at putnam august 14th and 15th.. its setup through nesba. If you haven't ridden with nesba you have to start out in begginer, if your good you'll get bumped quick.

Me and my buddy will both be there, if you go, fell free to stop at my canopy and say hi and be with us.

NESBA has a "skills enhancement day" at BeaveRun on 8/14 and 8/15 (saturday is Beginner, and Sunday is Intermediate). It's steep at $305, but you literally get 5 hours of open track, and more 1-on-1 instruction than you can handle.

I'll be at the Putnam SED on 8/1, or I'd have strongly considered doing the one at BeaveRun.

I'll also be at BeaveRun on 8/28 with Fasttrax. $135. total deal.

No kidding. I will be there both days

see you there. I'm not planning on racing on Sunday, but I plan on drinking enough Saturday night to necessitate hanging around :D

yellow plates and more safety wiring should be in my off-season plans though. Just in case I get the urge to race a little. FT's July 4th results would put me around mid-pack in the 600 superbike race (combined with 1000 GT though, so who knows who is in which class).

awesome! seems like there is alot of folks on the boards that go to the track. How are the tracks? i think the ones by me will be mid ohio, nelson ledges, grattan, and beaverun. Are they pretty decent tracks? the ones down here in texas are ok. No big name tracks like mid ohio down here. theres Eagles Canyon Raceway(my favorite), Texas World Speedway, and MSR Cresson(very technical). everyone is going to barber next month from here but i will have to miss that one :( do you guys usually get a big showing from these boards at the tracks?

i'm in mentor (30 min NE of cleveland) and it looks like i'll be heading to nelson's for the aug 6th and 7th (depending on weather), midoh aug 10 and 11th for their regular track days, and the 21st for the max time twilight, and then beaverun on the 28th. i'd like to hit putnam or grattan sometime next month too if possible, but who knows.

welcome back!

jobt, what's the specs on the aug 28th @ beaverun?

well, if by specs you mean how much and who's all going, then:

$150 (used to $135... good thing i pre-registered)

i know i'm going, dunno if tom's going, he might pull a "oh i tried to sign up last minute even though everyone knew it was going to sell out", jen's going probably, craig's going probably, and a couple others you might not have met, and skrewloose (kevin) and brandon (trm8tr) might be going.

if you haven't been to beaver, you should talk to kevin about it. it's short, tight, not terribly technical, but most of all, fun. the pavement grips well, only 1 section of the track has ripples but only if you swing out wide on corner exit, which you shouldn't need to. i think it's a great track to just have fun at though.

Edited by jbot

only 1 section of the track has ripples but only if you swing out wide on corner exit, which you shouldn't need to. i think it's a great track to just have fun at though.

you're talking turn 7 at BeaveRun. Turn in earlier. I know it's a completely blind entry, but the track lies to you there. The concrete apron is too far down the hill. To get the line right in that turn, you need to be dragging a knee through the dirt BEFORE the concrete, and hard on the gas, drifting away from the apron by the time you reach it. That keeps you inside the ripples and lets you get on the gas harder earlier for the back straight. It can literally cost you a full second if you turn in too late and have to go neutral throttle through the ripples.

I'm by no means good at it, but I know that's a mistake I make. There used to be a skid-mark I used as a turn-in point, but it disappeared since last year. finding a new marker has been hard.

the only other spot I dislike at Beave is the bump entering T1. You can avoid it, and hitting it has never caused me any issues, but it surprises me when I do hit it.

the patching in Turn 5 is grippy as hell. Don't even think twice about it.

as for nelson... the whole place is a "trouble spot," but I love that track. It just takes me all day to build confidence and get up to speed.

Mid-Oh's only problem is that it's crap in the wet, not much better in the cold, and there's that dip exiting the carousel.

gingerman has the seams, and its own dip onto the back straight (in the old configuration)

all of them are worth riding.

well, if by specs you mean how much and who's all going, then:

$150 (used to $135... good thing i pre-registered)

i know i'm going, dunno if tom's going, he might pull a "oh i tried to sign up last minute even though everyone knew it was going to sell out", jen's going probably, craig's going probably, and a couple others you might not have met, and skrewloose (kevin) and brandon (trm8tr) might be going.

if you haven't been to beaver, you should talk to kevin about it. it's short, tight, not terribly technical, but most of all, fun. the pavement grips well, only 1 section of the track has ripples but only if you swing out wide on corner exit, which you shouldn't need to. i think it's a great track to just have fun at though.

I might be able to pull this one off. Kev has chatted up BeaveRun, and its one reason I am interested. skrewloose pitted next to us at Ginger, so I know that knucklehad. I have to see what my son't sfootball schedule is come that time of year, but if I can swing it, that's one more track day i can take in. Thanks amigo!

you're talking turn 7 at BeaveRun. Turn in earlier. I know it's a completely blind entry, but the track lies to you there. The concrete apron is too far down the hill. To get the line right in that turn, you need to be dragging a knee through the dirt BEFORE the concrete, and hard on the gas, drifting away from the apron by the time you reach it. That keeps you inside the ripples and lets you get on the gas harder earlier for the back straight. It can literally cost you a full second if you turn in too late and have to go neutral throttle through the ripples.

I'm by no means good at it, but I know that's a mistake I make. There used to be a skid-mark I used as a turn-in point, but it disappeared since last year. finding a new marker has been hard.

the only other spot I dislike at Beave is the bump entering T1. You can avoid it, and hitting it has never caused me any issues, but it surprises me when I do hit it.

the patching in Turn 5 is grippy as hell. Don't even think twice about it.

as for nelson... the whole place is a "trouble spot," but I love that track. It just takes me all day to build confidence and get up to speed.

Mid-Oh's only problem is that it's crap in the wet, not much better in the cold, and there's that dip exiting the carousel.

gingerman has the seams, and its own dip onto the back straight (in the old configuration)

all of them are worth riding.

just show me around next time. you can sneak into int. for a session and try not to lose me (or i can sneak into adv. i guess?). i hit a plateau at min 9 last time i was there and i think it's cause of T1 and that last uphill right hander before the straight that's keeping a brah down.

I might be able to pull this one off. Kev has chatted up BeaveRun, and its one reason I am interested. skrewloose pitted next to us at Ginger, so I know that knucklehad. I have to see what my son't sfootball schedule is come that time of year, but if I can swing it, that's one more track day i can take in. Thanks amigo!

tell your boy that you don't love his football career as much as your queer motogp street fantasy and that you're going even if it costs him his full ride to OSU or whatever. and then punch him in the eye to get the point across.

I registered in Intermediate, so i'll be out with you all day. maybe I should have gone in advanced. we'll see.

1:09 is a pretty good pace, actually. Anything under 1:12 is solid for "I" group with most orgs. I usually warm up in the 1:10 range, then turn 1:07's and 1:06's until I hit traffic.

Pretty sure I could click off some 1:05's in a race setting, but there's only one way to find out. Maybe next year.

Edited by redkow97

I registered in Intermediate, so i'll be out with you all day. maybe I should have gone in advanced. we'll see.

1:09 is a pretty good pace, actually. Anything under 1:12 is solid for "I" group with most orgs. I usually warm up in the 1:10 range, then turn 1:07's and 1:06's until I hit traffic.

Pretty sure I could click off some 1:05's in a race setting, but there's only one way to find out. Maybe next year.

at 6's, you should probably run adv. you'd almost want to so you're not lapping people constantly, right?