Ride it or Replace it???

BigArn

pull the pin, if it doesn't go off like a grenade,(or start to leak) it's probably fine.

if it does start to leak, replace it.

my $.02

I agree. If it doesn't leak when you pull the pin, it'll probably be alright. Looking at it, I'm thinking it probably will leak, but check first.

That's probably just through the rubber.

And looking at the chicken strips on that harley, it doesn't seem like that section of tire will be subjected to, well, anything.

pull it. no leak, go ride.

this

That's probably just through the rubber.

And looking at the chicken strips on that harley, it doesn't seem like that section of tire will be subjected to, well, anything.

pull it. no leak, go ride.

stop bein a pussy and go for it :p

pull the pin, if it doesn't go off like a grenade,(or start to leak) it's probably fine.

if it does start to leak, replace it.

my $.02

I agree. If it doesn't leak when you pull the pin, it'll probably be alright. Looking at it, I'm thinking it probably will leak, but check first.

I agree with the agreeing, lol. It's not the tread that holds the tire together, it's the cord inside. This shouldn't be any worse than a cut or gouge, but keep an eye on it.

BUT, if it was a front tire, I'd replace it anyway.

edit: I need to add that you will have to judge whether it has damaged the cord carcass under the tread rubber. If it has done that, it is less likely that you would want to use it.

edit: Here's mine from last year. A brand new rear. It was flush with the surface before I pulled it out. It leaked. No patching it, since it went in at a steep angle while cornering.

tire2.jpg

Edited by ReconRat