home heating question

cmh_sprint

I am in the process of finishing 2 rooms in my horse barn, 1 as a feed storage room and 1 as a tack room. I am going to install electric baseboard heaters in each room. My question is what size do I go with, 6' or 8'? After much searching of the net there appears to be a formula to determine the size and I can't find it. Room details are below.

Room #1

12' x 12'

9 ' drop ceiling with batting above

2 inside walls, 2 outside walls

inside walls have R-19 batting, outside walls have 1 1/2" polystyrene

1 door to the outside, 1 door into the barn aisle and 1 window

Room #2

12' x 12'

9 ' drop ceiling with batting above

3 inside walls, 1 outside wall

inside walls have R-19 batting, outside walls have 1 1/2" polystyrene

1 door into the barn aisle

Make sure you mount the t stat opposite side or as far away from the strip htr. I'm guessing no windows ? If there are, do not mount in direct sunlight either

Thanks. I knew about that part but appreciate the input just the same.

Ahh..back to where I began. The concensus here is 7000+ BTU's. When I use several online calculators that factor in cubic footage and insulation quality i get andwhere from 4800 to 10000 BTU's.

Trust me it's not 100 btus it's 50 btus. You need a 7200 btus. But whY the fuck do I know! Grape says 100 btus per sq ft. That would mean a little 1000 sq ft home would

need a 100,000 btus. Never roughly 70,000 furnace for a 1000-1200 sq ft home. Other factors but this isn't hvac class