home heating question

cmh_sprint

You have horses!?!? Why am I just now learning about this.

A man has to keep some things a secret. Sam has his sheep and I have my horses. :)

Actually my wife has had horses her whole life and I am nearing the end of 4 years of work to get her horse home for her. We hope to have everything done by the weekend after Labor Day. We'll have 2 or 3 horses and room to board 2 or 3 others.

gas fired infrared heaters FTW. More efficient, even heating, actually warms the surface area of the structure.... More expensive though too.

Ignore the size of the baseboard heater and focus on BTU output and electrical input requirements. I've seen 6' baseboard heaters over 8k BTU, and 8' units barely 5k BTU

wrong aow.Electric Heat is 100% energy efficient. all the incoming electric energy is converted to heat. All resistive heaters do exactly the same thing with the electric energy they use: convert it all to heat. They only differ in the way they distribute it into the house. For his application the base board heat is his best

option. Yes i agree on the fact you have to watch your wattage, not soley

the length. Most are very close unless your buying from marcs or odd lots.

wrong aow.Electric Heat is 100% energy efficient. all the incoming electric energy is converted to heat. All resistive heaters do exactly the same thing with the electric energy they use: convert it all to heat. They only differ in the way they distribute it into the house. For his application the base board heat is his best

option. Yes i agree on the fact you have to watch your wattage, not soley

the length. Most are very close unless your buying from marcs or odd lots.

I thought everyone bought their heaters at odd lots?

I will give you the fact that electric heat is Energy efficient (even it not cost efficient), but dispute your claim that it is 100% efficient... Just ain't possible or my degrees are worth nothing more than t.p. (which I don't doubt)