mid-ohio sept 6

Hutch

No dude your not being a dick at all! I was kinda confused at first to.

But (and i think iam going to call) i am pretty sure this one is a little different cause i am pretty sure they asked my buddy if this was his first time and all. Also sats. event starts at 3 where most max time starts at 5 But that may not mean anthing.

Gates open at 3 with tech and everything - bikes on track at 5ish... It's not a 3 group day and again, you really ought to try a three group day vs. an LED...

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gates open at 3 with tech and everything - bikes on track at 5ish... It's not a 3 group day and again, you really ought to try a three group day vs. an LED...

Ok thanks iam going to see what i can find out. But the thing i dont understand is that why would they let my buddy sign up being his first track day ever? I will let you guys know what i find out. Thank for trying to not get me killed lol :bow:

Ok thanks iam going to see what i can find out. But the thing i dont understand is that why would they let my buddy sign up being his first track day ever?

Their staff is mostly new... they have an high turn over rate in the front office. 100% IIRC in the last 18 months or so..

Well........I'm the guy who invented every format at Mid-Ohio and wrote the rules for them. We had a terrible time with the MAX Times because the office could not understand what EXPERIENCED meant and riders don't always tell the truth either.

Edited by STT-Guy

No you guys are correct! Only open to Advance and Intermedaite riders. My question is why would they let my friend sign up even when he told them it was his first time?

It looks like the dates got a little mixed up, September 6th and 7th are standard 3-group days. August 21st and September 18th are Max-Time Twilight events which are only open to intermediate and advanced riders. If your friend signed up for the 6th, being his first track day, he is fine in the novice group.

What is a novice day like? Is there class after every session

There will be a novice meeting at the beginning of the day following the normal registration and tech inspection. For the on-track sessions the novice group will be split into 5 different groups depending on skill level. A classroom session will be held prior to each on-track session discussing what you will be working on while on-track. After the on-track session there will be a short debriefing.

All 5 groups run at the same time just focusing their efforts on different items while on-track and debriefing.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey TaRR--

You will LOVE MidOhio. It's a sweeping, technical track with elevation changes, long str8s (perfect for the 1000cc) off-cambers and blind turns. I have logged hundreds upon hundreds of laps there. Here are a couple of tips:

1) Look as far ahead as you possibly can--especially in the Keyhole and the Carousel. This will not only increase your speed exponentially, but will result in a much smoother ride.

2)Turn 1 is a way faster turn than it looks. Resist the urge to "throw out the anchor" and grab a fist full of brakes! Once you apex, DO NOT look at the yellow curbing on the left. You'll hit it and go airborne. Been there, done that. Look ahead to the chicanes.

3) Pick your braking reference points during your first lap or two and work on them all day. Adjust them as your speed increases. This is especially true of the back str8.

And finally, there is not a track in the world that is as finniky as M.OH, weatherwise. If it has rained at all, don't ride. Unless you're okay putzing around and getting wet.

Have fun and welcome to your new addiction.

PS--Kiss your vacation time and $$ goodbye.