2010 Concours 14 Rider in Columbus, OH

BadTrainDriver

:welcome: As I chime in eight pages into the conversation. :o

Very curious about how you pulled off the 50CC. I've done an unofficial SaddleSore 1000 and will be doing an official one soon to "get it on paper."

I've done most of my miles on my FJR1300 but have had some state romping on my '05 Suzuki SV650.

You'd have a fun conversation with my Matt, aka Flying Brick. He has a 2001 BMW K1200RS in Marrakesh Red.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

SAMBUSA = 100% chance of rain. :D
Shit, I blame Ben. It's rained every time I've ridden him...........er with him

Don't even try to blame me for that shit. My ride home was dry. Who had to wait out a storm under a bank drive-thru?

Oh, and welcome BTD.

Don't even try to blame me for that shit. My ride home was dry. Who had to wait out a storm under a bank drive-thru?

Oh, and welcome BTD.

:lol: That was Fonz that waited, I rode it out.

There was no chance for rain on the Detty ride............until you showed up :nono:

:lol: That was Fonz that waited, I rode it out.

There was no chance for rain on the Detty ride............until you showed up :nono:

Bull. Shit. Just saying.
Thanks Casper...I finally joined...after you told me about OR on the Stromtrooper Forum.

BTD.

Glad you joined. It's a fun group here for the most part. And I just got your PM this morning. When's good to call?

:welcome: As I chime in eight pages into the conversation. :o

Very curious about how you pulled off the 50CC. I've done an unofficial SaddleSore 1000 and will be doing an official one soon to "get it on paper."

I've done most of my miles on my FJR1300 but have had some state romping on my '05 Suzuki SV650.

You'd have a fun conversation with my Matt, aka Flying Brick. He has a 2001 BMW K1200RS in Marrakesh Red.

In a nutshell:

Rode from Ironton, OH to Jacksonville FL(2 days).

Stayed in Jacksonville for one day to refresh.

Left Jacksonville at 4AM, rode I-10 and I-8 straight across to San Diego, CA.

We'd alternate between paying for gas...drank nothing but water, ate nothing but Snickers(one would shop while the other would fill bikes).

We'd use the bathroom when we stopped for gas too(and I'd smoke).

Other than gas stops, we only stopped once...Western TX for a 45 minute nap, in full gear, at a rest stop, in the grass.

38hrs., 27min. Coast to Coast.

We flew home and shipped the bikes back due to my schedule(I only had a week off).

The only thing I regret is not riding home.

I was on my '99K1200RS, my bud was on a '98R1100RT.

BTD.

• 2 weeks later...