Beaver Run - 8/28 - $150

APCh8r

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...or I could check the Fasttrax website.

Jbot with a best lap of 1:05.941!?!

nice job man - you're riding a 7 year old bike with stock suspension faster than I can ride the same bike with Penske and GMD computrack valving.

Those tires must have done more for your confidence than you think!

I placed 6th and 4th in the 600 races. First time at the track with a trackday Saturday and best time of a 1:04.743 on Sunday. The tracks bumpy as hell, thats for sure. Came into the front straight Saturday 3rd session and had the bars go full outside lock to lock about 2-3 times before the damper kicked in and locked in the middle. :eek:

I placed 6th and 4th in the 600 races. First time at the track with a trackday Saturday and best time of a 1:04.743 on Sunday. The tracks bumpy as hell, thats for sure. Came into the front straight Saturday 3rd session and had the bars go full outside lock to lock about 2-3 times before the damper kicked in and locked in the middle. :eek:

there are some bumps exiting turn 8 (back straight), but I think what you experienced on the front straight (i was right behind you) was from the transition from the right to left side of the bike.

It's easy to pull the bars to get you up and over the bike, and that can upset things pretty quickly. I was glad you rode it out, because I would have plowed right into you.

...or I could check the Fasttrax website.

Jbot with a best lap of 1:05.941!?!

nice job man - you're riding a 7 year old bike with stock suspension faster than I can ride the same bike with Penske and GMD computrack valving.

Those tires must have done more for your confidence than you think!

thanks! i finally got down to about consistent 1:06's on saturday between traffic and then during the sunday practice, I was trying to watch some quicker guys a few corners ahead of me and their lines and magically dropped another second (one of them i think was rocky balboa?). By the end of the morning practice sessions, I had gotten to low 5's (at this point, people were still buzzing by me like i was a construction cone).

it definitely helped that running at the same pace i was on my PP2ct's, the Q2's still had another 1/2" of rear tire left unused. I was just flabbergasted that there was so much more lean angle to be had in a non-race tire. I think I'm gonna buy more of these once i figure out how long they'll last. They still like to spin a little on that downhill right hander (maybe it's corner #7?) if you get dumb with the throttle, but it takes more effort to get it to spin.

Edited by jbot

race results???

also, who wants to talk about the guy with the beard on the XR1200 in the "race" group? :rolleyes:

At least he was easy to get around.

I was a little surprised by that since he runs my pace and was in the open group at Nelson on the 14th.

I was a little surprised by that since he runs my pace and was in the open group at Nelson on the 14th.

it just wasn't an appropriate bike to be there unless Danny Eslick or one of the

Wymann's was in the saddle...

The guy was hitting his apexes and on the proper line, but he just couldn't carry corner speed at all. Eslick was draggign the hell out of the pegs through the esses at Mid-Ohio. I didn't hear this guy touch anything down all day.

the left kink on the front straight has some bumps. I hit them a few times to where the front whould wheelie 2-3 times and start to head shake.

i just assumed that was the front getting light under acceleration and me pulling on the bars too much.

when it doubt, throttle out!

Had another great day at the Beave, as always!

I definately had a lot of head shake all around the track, front straight, back straight. But I think that has to do with my newbish death grip on the bars. It never used to be that bad but as I start to go faster its becoming more apparent. Something for me to work on.

And congrats to all the guys who raced Sunday, everyone came home in one piece from our group anyways. I stuck around to watch, and it convinced me that I'll sign up for my first race in the near future. If it's not this year it will be next.

hey Steve(?) (SJC100rr)

nice picture of you about to pass me. I'm betting this is right before you got that tank-slapper going.

http://www.pbase.com/ray645/image/127985171

nice pic of Nick as well. that bike's too pretty to race...

http://www.pbase.com/ray645/image/127985134

And Jinu (that bike's nowhere near too pretty to race ...but the rider might be!)

http://www.pbase.com/ray645/image/127985193

and John(?) in turn 1

http://www.pbase.com/ray645/image/127985262

Edited by redkow97