Beaver Run - 8/28 - $150

APCh8r

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm trying to think why I wasn't on the peg right there but I got nothing. I need a dedicated track coach. Problem is I can only pay in beer.

EDIT: Jinu's out because I can't afford sake.

I'll follow/tow you around for an entire track day and give you all the pointers I can. But I'm one of those "Do what I say and not as I do" kinda coaches cause well I'm still a newb too. I know what I should do, I just don't always do it. It would probably be good for me too.

My only stipulation is...we ride at Nelsons!

You guys and friggin' Nelsons!

Is the owner of that place personally blowing the three of you, together, at the same time, while wearing a French maid outfit or something!?!?!

Next time you guys go, I'll bring my gear and one of you let me ride you bike and I'll be there.

They be good, but I'm in need of new toe sliders on the Sidi's. :D

When are you going to bless us with your presence at a trackday?!?!

EDIT: No excuses about not having a trailer, I can haul a couple bikes easily.

I sold the only suit I had about 2 years ago. And sold my trailer a year ago. Since then it hasn't been on my radar. I'd much prefer to have a second bike for the track.

But..honestly, I rarely commute on the bike anymore. It's just weekend riding in the twisties.

Is the owner of that place personally blowing the three of you, together, at the same time, while wearing a French maid outfit or something!?!?!

Na, I just knew your sorry ass won't go. You need to get all the sand out of your vajay-jay and as I believe you put it "get off the porch and ride with the big dogs!"

Next time you guys go, I'll bring my gear and one of you let me ride you bike and I'll be there.

the surface really isn't bad. The runoff is questionable in some places, but unless you're breaking the 1:10 mark, there's no reason to test the runoff...

tracks don't crash bikes; riders crash bikes.

You used to GP shift? I'll rent ya my bike on 10/2 :D

the surface really isn't bad.

Let me know what tracks are worse - so I make sure not to go there. My neck and back hurt after the last Nelson ride.

I'm still attracted to the place in some twisted way though. Mostly because I know I can find seconds more time if I just overcome some fears and find the smoothest lines.

all i know is, after i got used to riding at nelson's, i cut several seconds in the fast sections of other tracks. it's so damn bumpy and generally scary to ride on that the other tracks just don't scare you anymore. it won't help you in the technical sections of other tracks, however. i wish there was such a thing as "esses" at nelson's lol.

it just wasn't an appropriate bike to be there unless Danny Eslick or one of the

Wymann's was in the saddle...

The guy was hitting his apexes and on the proper line, but he just couldn't carry corner speed at all. Eslick was draggign the hell out of the pegs through the esses at Mid-Ohio. I didn't hear this guy touch anything down all day.

I had the same thought. He would catch me but then I could pass him and drop him.

I ran into him at the photographer's trailer and he said he's only been at it for a year and half or so. He did say this day at BR was the first time he got his knee down, so no Eslick-dragging for him.

I'm barely fast enough for the intermediate group, I know he's not fast enough for advanced. Oh well, you guys get some passing practice.