GI: Ashtabula Covered Bridge Ride 2010?

armith

OK.. I'm still willing to do this tomorrow.. But it is looking like there are enough people that can't make it that I am considering deferring to the Saturday Oct. 16th.

Might not be any warmer but the trees should be in full color and maybe we'll luck out weather wise.

So who all can make the 16th?

It's official now... We will try for the 16th.. I will make the appropriate changes to the first post.

Thank you all for your responses.. I think scenery wise this will work out better since the leaves will have changed by then. Now lets hope the weather is more cooperative.

I'm out on this one. It's a bit far to be riding to get there in the cold. Also, it's the CSBA ride down here. Last weekend would have been awesome!

i was thinking that last week, but it wouldve been a f*cking nightmare with all the other parades going on.

101_2223.jpg

this one had turned doyle rd. into a 1 lane creeper for a solid half mile, nothing but paint shakers and wings parked up both sides.

101_2214.jpg

That is exactly why I intentionally set the date the week before and rain date the week after.. The festival really has turned into a money maker for the region.. Which is good for everyone.. But I don't want the risk or responsibility of moving a group of any size thru hundreds of people, cars, and bikes. That and we wouldn't have been able to see as many bridges with that cluster____ at every turn.

For those who made it last year.. I'm sure you'd agree it's a lot better to do this at our pace and just enjoy the rural landscape.

Yeah the weather isn't "perfect" but I think cool weather with some sunshine adds to the whole "autumn" riding experience. To each their own and no worries to those who can't make it.. If you change your mind we'll be at the Sheetz till 11am.. hopefully any possible sprinkles or cold morning dew will be gone and we'll be able to enjoy a nice dry ride.

BTW.. At this point I simply can't keep track of who is planning to make it and who cannot.. It's close enough now that a who's in list is trivial since everything is planned out. I'm doing this ride regardless.. I really hope everyone to come, if you can't, no problem I intend to do it next year.. I'm sure the bridges will still be there.

Since I had to miss grattan due to my presence being required for saturday evening, I'm going to try to make this instead. I should be there a bit before 11. ill be the red buell 1125cr with white helmet and black jacket.