GI: Ashtabula Covered Bridge Ride 2010?

armith

was fun...

9 bikes to start: blackbird, yzf 6, zzr 6, concourse, wing, versys, tmax, buell 1125, moto guzzi.

hit the first couple bridges, mark b gets a call that he needed to come home. down 1 versys...

hit a couple more bridges, and the cobra helicopter, our wing and concourse tear off for home.

hit a couple more bridges, and hit andover for covered bridge pizza.

after lunch/dinner, the buell and guzzi head home.

we hit a few more bridges, and finally split up at 45 and 307, i think our tmax, and yzf were headed for the lift bridge via 531, and the zzr headed home via 90.

I have no pictures, so :ttiwwop:

Thanks armith for leading the route...

Thanks everyone else for sharing the ride, and contributing to a successful ride, and a good time.

Edited by magley64

i had a blast. the guzzi and the buell had a bit of fun on the way home too. god bless small sections of inexplicable glory on random roads on the way back.

nice to meet you all, and thanks for playing tour guide armith! magley and kosmo played sweep so i didnt get lost.

So, my wife ended up falling on an escalator at target, while holding our youngest and ended up with 3 stitches in her knee... luckily the baby was unharmed (and unphased from what I've been told).

Glad to meet a few folks today, wish I could have stuck around, but next time for sure.

So, my wife ended up falling on an escalator at target, while holding our youngest and ended up with 3 stitches in her knee... luckily the baby was unharmed (and unphased from what I've been told).

Glad to meet a few folks today, wish I could have stuck around, but next time for sure.

Oh....jeese......so sorry to hear that Mark. Hope all get well, please take care. Nice to meet you and we will do it again once all is settled.

I posted some pics on facebook but my cellphobe pics are shitty, don't worry there were couple of good cameras just wait.

Good ride report magley.....but mad props to armith and family, may I say.....it was a great plan and ride. We the Northeastern ohio riders better bug him for more rides next season. Unfortunately there wasn't much twist in these roads but we knew it beforehand. Was a beautiful cool fall day, couldn't ask for more. I slayed few dozens of mosquito on the faceshield on the way home.

PS: Interesting note to self:

1. Don't wash your bike the day before a ride......or then be ready to accept the if you know what it means "clean bike award"......

2. 1 out of 5 horses in the Amish areas pulling buggies will still get freaked out by motorcycles and may poop on the fly.....only to be witnessed by a sweeper.

3. Downtown Mesopotamia has a buggy stand like a taxi stand and I guess you can rent buggies to go grocery shopping.

4. Heather knows everybody in the Ashtabula county......so before you call the cops call her......

Edited by Kosmo

I too would like to thank Armith for the great ride to the covered bridges.It took a lot of time and planning to pull this off so smoothly.And Armith if you plan any other rides let me know. It was nice to meet other riders in my neck of the woods and i hope to see you guys again sometime. brad

I loved the diversity of the bikes.. Not just the makes and models, but work done to make each their own. Must have been cool to watch a small parade of bikes rolling by but each being completely different from the other.

And how about that 60s vintage Honda 300 we saw at speedway! I wish we could have snapped a picture of that..