Total Loss buy back from Ins. Co.

jbctown

if your bike is totaled, just ask them what the buy back price is and if you decide it's worth the price, they'll take that amount off your settlement check.

usually, the higher the repair estimate, the lower the buy back price. so, even though the dealership/shop might want to stop racking up the estimate after a certain amount (because it's clearly a totaled bike) just tell them to keep going if you intend on buying it back.

Did they total your bike from the get off you had riding with us? That would be a perfect bike to buy back. Where was all the hidden damage? I thought it rode fine after the offroad trip.

Yes that was the one. I took it to Roush for an estimate they came up with a $9,930 estimate. They had both the frame and swingarm on the estimate because of the light scratches. I figure I would have about $600 in parts plus paint/material and my labor. Oh and yes I rode it back 140 miles that day and have put about another 600+ miles on with no problems, would be more but I broke 4 ribs that day.

What will end up happening is they will give you what the market value of the bike is in it's condition before the wreck. If you decide to buy it back they'll give you a buy back price which they will cut from your reimbursment check. Sounds like you should have a few grand coming back into your pocket.

If the bike is still rideable. you might be able to get them to leave the title clean and pay out 3/4 of the value of the bike. Which is usually about the same as getting paid the full value of the bike and then buying it back except you get to keep a clean title.

I had a wreck awhile back where the damage was mostly cosmetic and the cost to fix it was actually way less than an actual insurance quote due to the really high cost of parts from the dealer. I kept a clean title and was able to be payed 3/4 of the value of the bike. Then I just replaced everything that was damaged with better than OEM aftermarket parts

At the time I was with Geico and anything under 3/4 of the value of the bike paid back was not a total. Me and the agent talked it over and he thought it was reasonable. Otherwise he would have totaled it.

You broke four ribs? WTF, then you rode home 140 miles and didn't tell any of us you were hurt that badly. You have put on another 600 miles with the broken ribs? What's wrong with you boy?

If you don't want that bike let me know I will take it, cover your deductable and put some money in your pocket.

The bike wasn't bad at all..not at all. If it were my bike, I'd keep it.

yea from everything he told me last week it just didn't sound like it couldn't be fixed and ridden like nothing happened

You broke four ribs? WTF, then you rode home 140 miles and didn't tell any of us you were hurt that badly. You have put on another 600 miles with the broken ribs? What's wrong with you boy?

I didnt think it was that bad. I waited until Tues. to go to hospital.

Plus im not right in the head.

The bike wasn't bad at all..not at all. If it were my bike, I'd keep it.

Not bad at all. Like I said about $600 in parts plus my labor.

yea from everything he told me last week it just didn't sound like it couldn't be fixed and ridden like nothing happened

Ill try to add some pics.