Hot Paints. Tire letter marker

sanlot17

Did my R1 with it. Got it at Summit Racing for $6. I thought about the rim trim. I went with a more race look. Real good stuff. If u do use it do 1 coat and let dry. Then put on the 2nd coat to finish it right. Hope it stays on for a while. Took me around hour half to do. Tell me what ya think.

Bikepics040.jpg

Bikepics037.jpg

Bikepics038.jpg

Edited by sanlot17

Yeh this is paint. Did some corners and flying around today in the 90 deg. heat. Got home and checked out the paint and it was all there perfect but made the paint very tacky. I bet if I would rub my finger on it hard it probably would roll off.

Man that looks great, nice accent color to the R1. When I get a set of matching rubber I have to do that to the wife's vfr

What year vfr? Love the vfr's! Thx for the complements all! I def love it. It has it all for me. Been riding sportbikes since the 80's.

You get the same result just going to a hardware store and buying a paint pen. I use to do it on my Alstare when I got it, with the Dunlop 207s. Looks good, and lasted almost the whole life of the tire. However, it does start to fade and get dirty when you ride a lot. I done the entire tire though, sidewalls and tread design. Took about an hour a tire to do the whole thing. Looked good until you hit a dirty road, or get caught in the rain. I was going through a lot of tires, so I quit doing it.

Doing the tread will also give off colored smoke if you do a burnout. My dad bought me a new set of tires for graduation, so for the senior lap around the school, I decided to melt the tire a little, and had a big yellow cloud fill up the parking lot.