My Daughter's bike, early in the build.

fazer1sniper

After weeks stuck at work & being down with a respitory infection I was able to bake some progress on this thing.

Cleaned up the engine and shot some engine enamel on at, pulled & cleaned the carbs ( they were NASTY), got them back on.

09-26-107.jpg

09-26-102.jpg

09-26-104.jpg

The fiberglass tail is comming along, still messing with the mount for the tail light.

09-26-106.jpg

09-26-100.jpg

• Upvote 1

So, for lack of better options, I pulled the marzocchi reat shocks, cleaned them up, and pulled the rear wheel and swing arm, This swing arm will need completely sanded down or blasted. I can't get any paint to stick with out a reaction. It will be down to metal friday when I get off work. I wanna smack the guy who jacked this bike up before she got it...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Judging from all the rust in the carbs, the tank is just nasty. Enter stripping and relining the tank.

11-01-1010.jpg

11-01-1011.jpg

Had to rig a way to plug off the hole for the petcock.

11-01-104.jpg

11-01-105.jpg

First wash it out with soap and water.

11-01-1013.jpg

Then "FUN WITH ACID!" allways a good time. The rust and asorted crap did break loose and start to float way. Left this in overnite.

11-01-1018.jpg

The acid is dumpped out, tank rinsed clean and prepped with acitone. Entire inside became a dull gray.

Then I began to reline the tank.

11-01-1020.jpg

The liner is spread around to the entire tank flipping it on all sides so it coats all the bare metal. Extra liner was drained out the petcock hole.

11-01-1027.jpg

11-01-1028.jpg

11-01-1024.jpgs

11-01-1022.jpg

The entire inside of the tank is now coated in the white liner.

11-01-1023.jpg

The VALVE COVER: Back on, all bolts tighned to 84.6 Inch pounds, and they seem to have held.

11-01-1029.jpg

Thats about where I made it to this weekend, body work, finish fab on the pipe, side covers, tail lite, front fly screen & what ever else I find need done.

11-01-1032.jpg

11-01-10.jpg

looks good. what color are you going with?

She is thinking a dark silver metalic called "Charcoal Mist". She is not big on flashy colors. There is also the silly idea of Military "383 OD Green"

Damn... who took the baseball bat to the tank? lol looks good...... its fun to take and trick out a old or messed up scoot, make it your own. cool

For a bike with 4100 miles I gues it spent more time on it's side then on it's tires.

She is thinking a dark silver metalic called "Charcoal Mist". She is not big on flashy colors. There is also the silly idea of Military "383 OD Green"

For a bike with 4100 miles I gues it spent more time on it's side then on it's tires.

its funny you posted that, but i was honestly gonna say to leave it od green. throw some military markings on the tank like "35 p.s.i." on the fender above the tire and "exhaust hot" by the pipe. it looks like its coming along nicely.

Tank, rear frame covers & front fender in self-etching primer and ready to move forward.

11-09-100.jpg

11-09-101.jpg

11-09-102.jpg

The tail is still a work in progress.

11-09-103.jpg

11-09-104.jpg

This weekend I need to figure exactly how the tail light is going to be set into it. Then the tail can be finished up, side covers and a final plan on the front cowl/fly screen can be figured out.

Looks good.... I was going to ask if that was a epoxy primer due to the color. looks like the kind I use....... along the green idea, could do the base color with a satin or flat clear. That way is still has that military feel with the protection of a clear coat. that would be real cool with a number of different "stencils" on it at like the petcock for "fuel" and the circle,bars, and star that was on the tanks n such. would be sweet