You just can't trust the Chinese

Casper

I dislike about...ummm...90% of all foreigners. Yep, that's just me. Witnessed one flipping out on a cashier in a Meijer around here just 2 days ago. Saying she disrespected him by putting his groceries down to hard after scanning! Then went on saying "muthafucka" and other bullshit about how the cashier is dissrespecting him and his wife! Talking about they come to America and they're money is just as good as anyone elses...yada yada...I'm just like oh please shut the fuck up! I was so tempted to speak, but my wife kept me on a short leash that night, cuz she knows how I tend to be too confrontational.

I say, "Fuck 'em"! And it makes me sick when I go to that SAID store at night and all the 3rd shift workers are speaking spanish all over the gawddamn store! I can't stand how Spanish is the primary language that you HAVE to learn in Miami, south texas and other places..Just to make it and get a job! Damn our catering asses for trying to be too nice. Nobody else does! We go to another country, we have to learn THEIR language, they won't learn English just because we're there! But come to the USA and we'll serve you and make sure you're as comfortable as can be. Don't worry about learning English...no, no, no...you just sit back and we'll try to learn your language. Blah, Blah, Blah!! :roll: :evil:

*Ok....damn that felt good to say!* I'm stepping off the soapbox now. ;)

I dislike about...ummm...90% of all foreigners. Yep, that's just me. Witnessed one flipping out on a cashier in a Meijer around here just 2 days ago. Saying she disrespected him by putting his groceries down to hard after scanning! Then went on saying "muthafucka" and other bullshit about how the cashier is dissrespecting him and his wife! Talking about they come to America and they're money is just as good as anyone elses...yada yada...I'm just like oh please shut the fuck up! I was so tempted to speak, but my wife kept me on a short leash that night, cuz she knows how I tend to be too confrontational.

I say, "Fuck 'em"! And it makes me sick when I go to that SAID store at night and all the 3rd shift workers are speaking spanish all over the gawddamn store! I can't stand how Spanish is the primary language that you HAVE to learn in Miami, south texas and other places..Just to make it and get a job! Damn our catering asses for trying to be too nice. Nobody else does! We go to another country, we have to learn THEIR language, they won't learn English just because we're there! But come to the USA and we'll serve you and make sure you're as comfortable as can be. Don't worry about learning English...no, no, no...you just sit back and we'll try to learn your language. Blah, Blah, Blah!! :roll: :evil:

*Ok....damn that felt good to say!* I'm stepping off the soapbox now. ;)

Damn, 90% is quite a bit! But to each his own. You must come into contact with a ton of FOBs (Fresh Off the Boat). And those are usually the people that are like what you described at your local Meijer. Because trust me, I know many that are not like that!

But I highly agree with you on learning English. My mom has been hounding one of my cousins because she isn't taking the time to learn English. She can speak it, but not very well. Even my cousins are getting on her and are wanting to send her home because of the lack of her TRYING to learn. Even my family, who is from a foreign country, believe that if you come to the USA you need to know how to speak English. Its funny because my cousin's kids can speak English better than she can....but they do learn it in school over there. (My family is Filipino)

Let's put it this way...if you use ENGLISH as your primary language and aren't living on welfare; then I don't hate you. You get what I'm saying? 8)

Oh...and your fresh off the boat comment...HELL YEAH! I tend to run into WAY too many....drives me crazy! :x :lol:

wurd 8)

I used to really get pissed off about the whole spanish thing in the US. If you come to my country to live and work, learn the language. However, the more I travel internationally, the less I get pissed about things like signs in spanish and stuff like that. I'm in Portugal right now, and as a foreigner that doesn't speak Portugese, I'm rather grantful about the amount of shit that is printed in English and the amount of people here that speak English, cause I'd be fucked without that.

To my credit, I have made an attempt at picking up some Portugese, but so far my Portugese lessons have only been from a Brasilian stripper that didn't speak English all that well.

lessons have only been from a Brasilian stripper that didn't speak English all that well.

You WHORE! :lol: 8) :lol:[/quote:c2f86]

you have no idea....

Most expensive language lessons I've ever had. Damn the Euro.

On the plus side, I got to visit the MotoGP track in Estoril yesterday.