Need Shotgun input.

chevysoldier

What shotgun should I get?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. What shotgun should I get?

• Rem. 870
    • Anything but a 870.
    • H & B

Sad to see the Mossberg 500 hardly got any love in this whole discussion, never mind the fact that the 500 and the 870 are basically the same shotgun. I've owned both for home deffense, have a 500 and a severely chopped down Mossberg 1500 now but I'd also own another 870. Both good shotguns for the money.

what is the mossberg going for now a days

nm i looked it up.... i didnt search for any aftermarket support but it seems to be in chevys price range

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&q=mossberg+500&cid=1165070356870041458&ei=dRycTJ7UDpniygWXioDlDA&sa=title&ved=0CCMQ8wIwAjgA#p

I use to have an 870 then got married to a woman who hates guns. Now i have a 500 and hate it, rattles too much. Should have spent the extra on an 870.

+1. All of the 500s I've handled rattled like a can of coffee beans. Just loose and floppy.

• 1 month later...

Im at this crossroad now too. I now want a slug gun and I gave been looking at a few different ones. Its between the 870 and the 500. The place im actually looking is pretty much the same deal. Both wood stocks, both come with a slug barrel and a shot barrel, the only difference is the remington is 100 bucks more than the mossberg. I have never shot a 500 but from what I understand the are pretty much the same. Any more opinions on this subject?

Noted! Thanks for the input feed back.

Btw video games tonight?

i should clarify that both had 18.5" barrels though.

I sold Black Ops already and more than likely headed to the bar since one of my friends is in town for the week and her and her friends usually need a babysitter they can pay in beer

Wait for a few weeks. There was a sale for the deer guns becuase deer season is next week. The sale that was posted on here was not really that great. Xmas is coming and Remington uses the holidays to score points!

Buckeye outdoors and vances both will be running sales on them especially the combos and the express models.

You will be able to get both barrels and the gun for under 3.

Oh yeah the speacialty's for the 870 are endless. I had one one year that was decked out and only had a hundred bucks in it. 3 shot extension side saddle shell holder top folding "spas" style stock, heat shield front grip and rear pistol grip. It was saweet! Great home protection!

Gay!! but ill allow it just this once....

yea I just hated it a lot. Playing online was just terrible because I sucked so bad, I couldn't walk 10ft without dying so I said screw it and went back to Halo where I actually posses some ability to kill others

But you made for such a great target when on my team they weren't killing me for once lol.

Beegreen, I was thinking th same thing but seeing as deer season comes in monday I kinda wanted to have one in hand. I have a browning and I love it I just don't wanna spend the same amount of money on a barrel that o could on a new gun. And you are right about the after market it seems endless.

Lol nick in the heat of the moment it wont even phase ya lol

King idealy I would love to have a beneli but I don't wanna spent all my ar money on it. This is just to get me thru deer season.

You see that mofo on walking dead shoot the zombie inside the tank? I was surprised they played him being deaf for awhile after that, most movies they shoot and they still can hear eachother whispering to eachother which is unrealistic.