The Mazda is gone! New cage in the garage...

SWing'R

Everyone on here is a fucktard. My truck cost $89,000 and hauls my $120,000 boat up to my $500,000 union-built house on Chippawa Lake. Dave, I'll give you $5k for the car

F/S 2011 Hyundai .... $18k.

I miss him so.:cry:

@David: I think you were bashing your Mazda and the shop more than anyone here... :D

Dude buys a new car, he's happy about it, and people want to shit in his punchbowl. The Big Wheel comment was funny, though.

A 10 year, 100,000 mile warranty provides quite a bit of peace of mind, and that, obviously, is worth quite a bit to David. I'm guessing it would be worth something to all of us.

So what if he bought new? If no one bought new, those of us who buy used wouldn't have anything to buy.

I prefer to find a one or two year old vehicle, less than 20k on the clock, and with some sort of "certified pre-owned" program. The certified programs push the warranty out (usually) to 100k, better than most of the new car warranties. If a manufacturer is willing to stand behind the car for 100k miles (new or used), I'm willing to consider them.

As for Hyundai, I like the new Sonata and am seeing a bunch of 'em on the street. IF I were in the 4 door, family car market it would be right up there on my list. Both Hyundai and Kia look like they're trying to "step their game up" as far as styling, build quality, and warranties go.

Edited by jblosser
Sonata, not Elantra
  • Upvote 1

Ever been rear ended at 70 in a small car? I have. I wouldnt feel safe in it.

So wait a minute... You're 70 years old & had some dude rear endin' you in your car?? :sex:

Major props Shawn... You don't look a day over 40 :bow:

Must still be pretty spry too

On the same subject, I have a friend who just bought a diesel 1 ton 4x4 F truck. He is paying $1300/mo. Seems proud to be paying that much. I'll never understand that thought process.

On a depreciating asset :nono:

Good. I didn't want you to have the same car as me anyhow. :D

:cool: Hey, do you or your hubby ride bicycles? We've got the two bike racks that fit on the luggage rack to sell now.

Yakima's, forget the model, they are the "tires on" style with the claw that grabs and holds the bike.

:cool: Hey' date=' do you or your hubby ride bicycles? We've got the two bike racks that fit on the luggage rack to sell now.

Yakima's, forget the model, they are the "tires on" style with the claw that grabs and holds the bike.[/quote']

If not, here's a charitable way to ebay it:

http://www.ohio-riders.com/showthread.php?t=66669

So far I like the new car. I'm diggin the 5speed even if it ain't the

fastest car on the road. Can definitely feel the difference in the smaller

engine, I think the Mazda was a 2.0L, the Hyundai is only a 1.6L, on the

highway it feels like there should be a 6th gear, poor little engine :p

Both Hyundai and Kia look like they're trying to "step their game up" as far as styling, build quality, and warranties go.

QFT. I bought the 2010 Kia Forte Koup SX, and I freakin' love it. I never thought I'd look at a Kia twice.

2010kia011a_640_01.jpg

So far I like the new car. I'm diggin the 5speed even if it ain't the

fastest car on the road. Can definitely feel the difference in the smaller

engine' date=' I think the Mazda was a 2.0L, the Hyundai is only a 1.6L, on the

highway it feels like there should be a 6th gear, poor little engine :p[/quote']

Yeah well you had a lame @ss automatic in that Mazda right?

Pffft.. I have a manual.

Although, even in the Mazda I sometimes find myself looking for 6th.

But I do that on my Aero too.

I drove one of those Hyundais as a rental. It was a really decent little car for the money. I actually liked it much better than my wife's Corolla. If it comes down to having economical and dependable transportation along with my motorcycles, or having a nice car and no bikes, it's the econobox every time.

Yeah well you had a lame @ss automatic in

that Mazda right? Pffft.. I have a manual. Although, even in the Mazda I

sometimes find myself looking for 6th. But I do that on my Aero too.

Yeah it was a automatic. It had the sport shifting option as an automatic,

I almost always drove it in the "stick" mode.

I drove one of those Hyundais as a rental. It was a really decent little car for the money. I actually liked it much better than my wife's Corolla. If it comes down to having economical and dependable transportation along with my motorcycles, or having a nice car and no bikes, it's the econobox every time.

Other then the engine being obviously smaller than our previous car I've had no complaints so far with it.

Its got lots of features and perks that our Mazda didn't have like....

- alarm system

- better stereo

- more air bags

- tire pressure monitoring system

Probably more stuff I just don't know about yet, haven't read tru the manual.

Things I do miss that the mazda had..... cruise control, better handling.

no doubt. I mean, I can buy an alarm for my car if I felt I needed one. I've upgraded my stereo in the Mazda to blue tooth enabled Clarion with Infinity speakers.

I will say I always feel like I'm having tire pressure issues with the low profile tires on the Mazda and the cost of those tires sucks!

Can hardly beat the cruise control and stabilizer bar.

I think I'd be sad if I drove a car that handled worse than my Mazda as I think this is the minimum that all cars should handle like.

Drove my husband's Subaru a couple of times and I can now tell when you come up a little on the wheels in the curves cause the Suuuubie feels like it's on rails.

I hope you enjoy your new car.

Interesting story on cruise. One of our customers didn't want to pay over $1000 more to get the package he needed to have cruise. He brought it to use to find an aftermarket for it. I researched and found that you can unstall the switch, and the clutch pedal switch and have functioning OE cruise control! This was on a Toyota Tacoma. Most vehicles anymore are throttle by wire, and so there's no cruise control actuator, it uses what's already there. Just need a switch to tell the computer what to do, as long as the programming is already in there, as it was on his! That could be an option if you want cruise. Research it, someone may know if you can, out there on some forums.

The tire pressure monitoring is nice, and it's a requirement for all 2008 and newer US cars and light trucks. I'm not sure about bigger trucks.

Ever been rear ended at 70 in a small car? I have. I wouldnt feel safe in it.

I can't control how the Accent makes you feel, but can you actually cite statistics that show it's less safe than a larger vehicle? Or better yet, other vehicles that are in the same price range?

If you're talking new cars, I'm pretty sure the Nissan Versa is the only thing that can be had for close to the same money.

But I do want to hear what a "fully loaded" Hyundai Accent has in hte way of features :D

I can't control how the Accent makes you feel, but can you actually cite statistics that show it's less safe than a larger vehicle? Or better yet, other vehicles that are in the same price range?

If you're talking new cars, I'm pretty sure the Nissan Versa is the only thing that can be had for close to the same money.

But I do want to hear what a "fully loaded" Hyundai Accent has in hte way of features :D

Haha, oh Gawd, you want me to search the internets for statistics? :wtf:

Not gonna happen.

I was rearended while sitting on the side of the freeway in an 87 chevy Nova (corolla) I dont ever want to get hit in a small car again no matter what any stats say. IT SUCKED, it hurt and it wouldnt feel any better in a little accent no matter how many airbags it has.

Nissan Versa? :puke:

Why not just get one of those fugly KIA Souls. Or be a real mo and get a Cube!:lol: