WTB Motorcycle Ramp

usafstud

bad324, heres the ones im looking at

http://www.discountramps.com/atv-ramp-kit.htm?CAWELAID=298240522

you could set one up for the bike, and one to walk on...8ft, so they still fit in the bed, isntead of 10...and cheap

comes to i like 125 shipped i think

I don't know why, but for some reason I feel like my dumbass would lose my balance and drop my bike :(

I don't know why, but for some reason I feel like my dumbass would lose my balance and drop my bike :(

never done it with a street bike, but this is how i used to load my dirt bike...the big rectangle folding ramps are much easier and stuff, but ive made these individual ramps work before....granted my dirt bike was lighter than a street bike

http://www.discountramps.com/bike-ramp.htm

I basically have three of this size aluminum arch. The first I bought by itself, supposedly rated for 750 lbs. Gets my 200lb dirtbike in and out of a Tundra with minimal effort. I bought two more as an ATV pair, supposedly rated 600lbs each, to put on either side to back the sportbike down and ride/straddle it up. I can't push the 400lb sportbike all the way into the truck by myself. Sometimes I'll back it down one ramp myself, although it does make me a bit nervous holding the front brake and balancing while I climb down form the bed. I'll push it up one ramp if there is someone else to give it a final shove once I climb up into the truck, and once I was in a big hurry and managed to clutch it up there, but I stalled it quite a few times and my bike only starts in neutral - real fun trying to balance the bike holding the clutch and the brake and shifting with my leg.

Arch helps with both pushing and lower clearance, if you can park the truck so the tailgate is lower it helps and vice versa, if my truck is level and I actually ride the bike up or down the lower drags a little bit. Make sure you tie all the ramps to the truck, and remember they can still slide off sideways.

http://www.discountramps.com/bike-ramp.htm

I basically have three of this size aluminum arch. The first I bought by itself, supposedly rated for 750 lbs. Gets my 200lb dirtbike in and out of a Tundra with minimal effort. I bought two more as an ATV pair, supposedly rated 600lbs each, to put on either side to back the sportbike down and ride/straddle it up. I can't push the 400lb sportbike all the way into the truck by myself. Sometimes I'll back it down one ramp myself, although it does make me a bit nervous holding the front brake and balancing while I climb down form the bed. I'll push it up one ramp if there is someone else to give it a final shove once I climb up into the truck, and once I was in a big hurry and managed to clutch it up there, but I stalled it quite a few times and my bike only starts in neutral - real fun trying to balance the bike holding the clutch and the brake and shifting with my leg.

Arch helps with both pushing and lower clearance, if you can park the truck so the tailgate is lower it helps and vice versa, if my truck is level and I actually ride the bike up or down the lower drags a little bit. Make sure you tie all the ramps to the truck, and remember they can still slide off sideways.

P.S. IIRC I got these a little cheaper off eBay from the same company. Also, I think they might be chinese, so don't push the load limit too far.

Edited by brn6604

. Make sure you tie all the ramps to the truck, and remember they can still slide off sideways.

yea...my heavy ass 600 grizzly knocked my ramps off once, no idea how...riding up into the truck, got to the top of my ramps (yes they were strapped to the truck) and then boom came crashing down lol