Loud pipes, again...

Scruit

Went to Iron Pony at ~11:30 to pick up a new lid. As I was walking up to the door I saw two sportbikes backed up onto the sidewalk facing directly away fro the door. They both started up, and it was clear they had straight pipes. Then they set off through the parking lot at full speed and the sound of the pipes was horrendous. Everyone within 100' feet jumped and not one of them appeared to be much impressed.

Was that someone here? I mean honestly, that stuff just makes you look like a douche. They may think it's cool, but it's just not. Really.

the only time i ever find loud pipes like that to be acceptable, are on drag bikes....and i dont mean stretched slammed bling machines that never see the track....if someone legitimately races their bike at the track on a regular occasion, it doesnt bother me....although, those damn drag pipes are loud

the riders sound like douchebags, tearing through the parking lot

the only time i ever find loud pipes like that to be acceptable, are on drag bikes....and i dont mean stretched slammed bling machines that never see the track....if someone legitimately races their bike at the track on a regular occasion, it doesnt bother me....although, those damn drag pipes are loud

the riders sound like douchebags, tearing through the parking lot

Agreed - If you're legitimately set up for racing and you're at a race track then you can run whatever pipes is fastest. If you go watch any car/bike/truck race then you should expect it to be very loud. That's racing.

But if you're on the street... :nono:

Agreed - If you're legitimately set up for racing and you're at a race track then you can run whatever pipes is fastest. If you go watch any car/bike/truck race then you should expect it to be very loud. That's racing.

But if you're on the street... :nono:

you misunderstood...i know plenty of people with bikes they built for drag racing, and they get raced several times a week....if they ride the bike out to a bike night or a trip to iron pony etc, i see no problem with it...if the bikes actually have function, i dont see a problem...

kinda like someone driving around a street/strip car with loud pipes, versus a high school kid with a straight piped civic

now, riding like douchebags in parking lot, and being obnoxious about having loud pipes are totally different things from what im talking about....those guys earlier seem like they would been douchebags on anything they were riding, even a vespa

Edited by Steve Butters

you misunderstood...i know plenty of people with bikes they built for drag racing, and they get raced several times a week....if they ride the bike out to a bike night or a trip to iron pony etc, i see no problem with it...if the bikes actually have function, i dont see a problem...

Sure. And if you're at bike night and the guy want to hear the pipes then sure, whatever. Just as long as you're not winding it up to WOT around people who have no desire to hear your pipes, then fine.

Sure. And if you're at bike night and the guy want to hear the pipes then sure, whatever. Just as long as you're not winding it up to WOT around people who have no desire to hear your pipes, then fine.

yep...i agree 100%...sure it matters about the bikes, but i think the rider is what plays the major factor....ide rather be around someone with loud pipes that rides sensibly, than someone who runs it out to 12k before shifting in parking lots lol

My SUV puts about 338 HP to the wheels and going to straight pipes only adds 6 HP. There is no way anyone needs that little bit of extra HP % gain on a street bike. They just want to be attention whoring asshats. If they were worried about safety they would put a pipe on that faced forward.

I don't like to ride behind anyone with a loud pipe no matter how they ride. That's why I try to get up front on group rides, because my ears are sensitive.

well...opinions are like assholes...everyone has one....but some bikes don't sound good with loud pipes and some do...i have longshots on my drifter and the baffles are in..its loud...but with a low tones...some bikes have that ever annoying high pitch that just sounds terrible.

my 2cents

Annoying thread, again...

Went to Ohio Riders at ~9:00 to check for new threads. As I was clicking on new posts I saw a thread sitting on the front page that caught my eye. I clicked on the thread, it was pretty clear it was a douche post. The dude started the post at full speed. Everyone reading the forums seem to notice the thread but most appeared not to give a shit.

Am I the only douche here? I mean honestly, threads about others choices on motorcycles is really douchy. They may think it's cool, but it's just not. Really.

• Upvote 1