Thoughts on a TL1000S?

scottie.harris

see thats the thing, you think that im planning to ride super fast and stupid, but i dont. Yea thats basically the reason i want a different bike, is because im getting bored with the kat. i would like track days but as we all know the kat isnt exactly good for it.

lol as far as college goes, i dont care about spelling and stuff, im going for engineering so as long as you can spell your name they dont really care.

see thats the thing, you think that im planning to ride super fast and stupid, but i dont. Yea thats basically the reason i want a different bike, is because im getting bored with the kat. i would like track days but as we all know the kat isnt exactly good for it.

lol as far as college goes, i dont care about spelling and stuff, im going for engineering so as long as you can spell your name they dont really care.

Normally engineers don't like to look like idiots when they email their boss and co-workers, but you may be an exception.

I don't know nor car what you are planning. I'm trying to be the nice guy here and inform you where your logic is failing and making people call you a jackass.

Trust me, people love to bust balls around here. Especially when it comes to what seems as "ignorant" (not saying you are) talk. Thats when the comments come flying

bad 324, i know i just want a bike that doesnt hit the top speed easy.

plus i run at 5500 rpm on the freeway, when it redlines at 11k rpm. i feel like im running the crap out of it. better top speed i would assume it would ride at less stress levels

my 636 runs from 6-7k on the freeway cruising along at 75-80 on stock gearing. My old 600rr ran 8-9k on the highway with -1/+2

im ready for it, and its not just to keep up on rides, read the past few posts i put about my rpms. i ride daily and am no longer afraid of the kat, ready to move up.

does the katana have stock gearing or has it ben changed

Ok I'm gonna try to go thru these and try to make some points that you can understand without sounding like too much of an ass because I've met you and think you're an alright guy.

i know i dont need a big bike to ride fast, but a CBR600 will do over 150mph stock. And i bet more than 1/2 that track could beat me on a 1k, im looking to get into it, just not with a Katana.

As far as top speed i would like a bike that i dont really find it on a CSBA ride keeping up.

As far as back tracking there is a road way out in the middle of no-where, a place where a car might go by once every hour, and we have people block the roads off and if a bike is coming stop cars, but we wait if a car is going thru. We dont do what most idiots do and do 140mph around 270 columbus.

BTW i ride everyday, rain or shine. I do the speed limit 90% of the time, unless im in a group thats moving faster, so i dont ride like a jackass.

You're bringing up the CSBA rides and "keeping up" I'm stepping in here because as you know the CSBA rides are what I'm part of...... Your mentality is what causes most all the crashes we've had on our rides "actually ALL but 1" The last 2 seasons we've had crashes on all but one of our rides and all but 1 were young riders trying to keep up. You dont need a faster bigger bike to keep up, you need to be a better rider. We are not faster than you because we have 1000's and do 140+. We are faster because we carry our corner speed and you burn your brakes up scrubing speed then run wide open in the straights to catch up. You're going to do the same thing on a bigger bike and run hotter into a corner and then well.......... fall down go boom. When John or myself lead we almost always stay right around 75ish, any bike will do that. We just dont slow down for the corner.
you're still missing the point. Top speed doesn't matter when keeping up on those rides. Handling and rider skill is what it takes, I for one lack the rider skill but then again have only been on a handful of spirited rides myself.

This furthers what I just said.

wanting a faster bike to keep up on rides is the wrong reason to get a faster bike. that new found speed will bite you in the ass if you are not ready for it.
And this
im ready for it, and its not just to keep up on rides, read the past few posts i put about my rpms. i ride daily and am no longer afraid of the kat, ready to move up.
No, you're not I've rode behind you and no you're not. As I've mentioned before, raise the bike back to stock height get the suspension set right and a real set of tires on it then head to the track. You will find that bike is capable of more than you are. Riding everyday up and down straight roads and around town does not make one a skilled rider.
  • Upvote 3

yea i know thats why im getting a new bike is because this one doesnt scare me at all. and yea i work at walmart and go to college full time, so i don really get much free money.

This is funny to me because... and correct me if I'm wrong, you don't really care what bike it is as long as it's faster than a Katana mainly because you don't feel like a baller on a Katana since the Katana isn't a panty dropper like other bikes are.

Sorry you have to go to school and work at Walmart, but welcome to the club. I spent 7 years on a 1987 Honda Hurricane until I got my Hayabusa. I rocked the BTS Hurricane because I loved riding and it was cheap, not because I needed something that looked baller or went faster (hell, that thing was damn scary in the triple digits).

I don't know why you're even looking if you can't afford it, your time will come to get something nice, why not save up for it now? :dunno:

Hmmm... What bike do you own? Just saying...

:lol: This has nothing to do with the YZF or me, but i'll get to that. He was commenting that he wanted a faster bike to keep up in the CSBA rides. Hence, for HIM stepping up to a big boy bike. As stated before and there's no doubt you know this....better riders can do great things with many if not all bikes.

I think any modern 600...that isn't a kat would suit him just fine.

As far as the YZF goes....wut? Sure, it's not a gsxr a cbr or an r6...but was alot of fun. May not have 120,130,140+ hp but didn't seem to bother me. Was able to have spirited rides and reach out and touch pavement if i wanted too. It did everything i wanted/needed to do more than fine. I would take it over a kat any day of the week. Performance aside or not.

I find a way to upgrade every other year or so. I'll break into the 00's next year.