Thoughts on a TL1000S?

scottie.harris

Then you get those who stay on a 750 their whole life cus their pussies.

No i have respect for bikes, im ready to move up so stfu.

Dude, you keep digging a deeper hole... So now if people ride 750s their whole riding career, they are pussies? 750s are probably the BEST sportbike available. More grunt than a 600 and not as wicked as a 1000. 9 out of 10 people don't need a 1000 nor have the ability to really ride a 1000 close to it's potential.

Of course, a kid like you who is an AMA pro racer that gets his sportbike sideways all the time knows what I am talking about.

By the way, if I hear one more person tell me how they get their bike sideways or spin their rear tire, I'm gonna puke... Well, except Scottie who is a master rider. I only hope that someday I can be as good as he is. Will you tech me the go fast secrets?:bow:

no im not saying that people who ride it their whole life are pussies, im actually looking at 750s as the fastest im really looking for. as far as me "kicking it sideways" thats the katanas attempt at wheelie, front end doesnt move and its slow. now if i did that on a 1000 or 750 im on my ass i know. im not an expert and never said i was, but im not new to 2 wheels either.

So now the 600s are for pussies? I mean, a current generation R6, CBR, ZX6R, GSXR are for chumps. Guys who can't figure out how to tame those things are newbs with small cocks.

Geez, the times for 600s being faster than 1000s on certain tracks must be completely bogus and another way the Man is holding us back.

600s are fir bitches.

Yeah' date=' I think that's my problem. I really only ride on the weekends.. even then, it's only like 300 miles or so. If I commuted every day I'd probably want a bigger bike. You know.. to filter in and out of traffic easier. Right now the FZ6 is moar bike that I know what to do with.[/quote']

i've always told you how much of a bitch bike you have. it goes well with your bitch lips. You definitely need AT LEAST 752cc or moar. otherwise, you're just another bitch construction cone on the street, getting in my bitchin' way.

You see, I need those extra cc's when I get on those bad ass back road rides when I'm going like 85-90mph. When I slam on the brakes for the posted 45mph corner coming up, and everyone on else in the group disappears from view, I'm all like "nuh uh brah" and pop it in 2nd, and throw her in "sideways". after panic braking through the apex, the group is only like a half mile away. That's when those extra CC's come in... I have to catch up somehow.

I got so used to the 600cc of my inline 4, it seems like i'm positively CRAWLING through the corner and for some reason everyone pulls away from me. As I unclench my hand from the front brake, and whack the throttle wide fucking open like I'm choking a huge throbbing black male chicken (you know how they get all veiny when you choke em), the bike is SOOOO slow to get into the power from 3000rpms. When I finally get up to my "catch up cruising speed" at 140mph, the dang thing runs at like 7000rpms! IT'S SOOOO loud and annoying! I never did figure out why it bogs like that out of the corner... must be the POS carbs. God I'm so sick of them. But yeah, that's why it doesn't scare me anymore... this bike is such a slow piece of crap. I'm just so USED to it, you know?

anyway, that's why I want to be a AMA racer.

• Upvote 1

Since when is 5' date='500 rpms at freeway speed "too high"? :dunno:[/quote']

when your bike is older than most people on the forum and it redlines at 8 grand 5500 can seem a bit harsh. i realize i'm the exception.

A+ thread, would read again.

Then you get those who stay on a 750 their whole life cus their pussies.

No i have respect for bikes, im ready to move up so stfu.

rofl

that's the dumbest fucking thing i've ever heard in my life with regard to riding, dude.

"i have respect for bikes but if you never move beyond a 750 your not a real man." whatever. get the fuck out of here with that line of thinking and take your slammed dogshit katana with you.

you've heard from a hundred people here that you're not ready and you, as a barely-legal-to-drink wal-mart employee figure that YOU, of all people, know better, because you used to toy around with a CRF100 in the trees? YOU, the guy who was about to buy a liter bike with NO FRONT BRAKES?

lmao

I have questionable choices in my rides but at least i'm not mentally incapable of humility.

• Upvote 1

rofl

that's the dumbest fucking thing i've ever heard in my life with regard to riding, dude.

"i have respect for bikes but if you never move beyond a 750 your not a real man." whatever. get the fuck out of here with that line of thinking and take your slammed dogshit katana with you.

you've heard from a hundred people here that you're not ready and you, as a barely-legal-to-drink wal-mart employee figure that YOU, of all people, know better, because you used to toy around with a CRF100 in the trees? YOU, the guy who was about to buy a liter bike with NO FRONT BRAKES?

lmao

I have questionable choices in my rides but at least i'm not mentally incapable of humility.

u-mad___camron.jpg

Well that was quite an interesting read. First off, when the first reason for wanting to get a better bike is to be able to do 140mph, that really makes you look bad. Then when you get called out on this, you back pedal with, well I want it for reason A, B, and C. :nono: I guarantee your Kat is not being ridden to potential. Take the advice from whoever said for you to run 5 laps then someone else run 5 laps and see how much better they will do. Let someone like Uncle Punk ride it. I have never had the honor to meet the guy, but I always here of how good he is.

A Ninja 250 can be more than capable on some serious curves. I'd say 9 times out of 10 it is the rider that limits what the bike can do not the other way around. I ride a 96 FZR600. In the mid 90's this was the bike to have. Now it is dwarfed by fuel injection, better suspension and power to weight ratios. BUT I'm still new to riding. I know it isn't the bike that limits what I can do, it is me. There are a a few people that have really taken me in and have helped me be a better rider. Not because I added some stuff to increase HP but gave me tips on how to ride.

Take the Kat to a track day. That's the best place to learn what YOU are capable of, not so much the bike. If you don't head the advice of some of these veteran riders, you run a good chance of getting hurt. They don't do it because it makes them feel better, but they respect the machine. That and when someone acts a fool on a ride, it makes everyone look bad. There have been times when someone on a bigger, faster bike passes me. Then in the corner they slow me down. Or they end up doing some stupid stuff and I end up sitting back and waiting for them to go off the road.

Oh, and I don't think anyone called you a jackass, I believe it was "you ride LIKE a jackass."

Anyways that's just my two cents. Take it or leave it, really doesn't matter to me.

i've always told you how much of a bitch bike you have. it goes well with your bitch lips. You definitely need AT LEAST 752cc or moar. otherwise, you're just another bitch construction cone on the street, getting in my bitchin' way.

You see, I need those extra cc's when I get on those bad ass back road rides when I'm going like 85-90mph. When I slam on the brakes for the posted 45mph corner coming up, and everyone on else in the group disappears from view, I'm all like "nuh uh brah" and pop it in 2nd, and throw her in "sideways". after panic braking through the apex, the group is only like a half mile away. That's when those extra CC's come in... I have to catch up somehow.

I got so used to the 600cc of my inline 4, it seems like i'm positively CRAWLING through the corner and for some reason everyone pulls away from me. As I unclench my hand from the front brake, and whack the throttle wide fucking open like I'm choking a huge throbbing black male chicken (you know how they get all veiny when you choke em), the bike is SOOOO slow to get into the power from 3000rpms. When I finally get up to my "catch up cruising speed" at 140mph, the dang thing runs at like 7000rpms! IT'S SOOOO loud and annoying! I never did figure out why it bogs like that out of the corner... must be the POS carbs. God I'm so sick of them. But yeah, that's why it doesn't scare me anymore... this bike is such a slow piece of crap. I'm just so USED to it, you know?

anyway, that's why I want to be a AMA racer.

God dayum! I just about shot a pretzel piece out my nose! LOVE IT!!