what's the best "project" car?

redkow97

If you want to be able to basically build from a catalog, you can do that with just about most popular Muscle cars. My Dad has spent the last year restoring his '65 GTO. Him and I have never really been close but helping him out has been a great bonding experience. I'm a sucker for most GM muscle cars but give the Mustangs a fighting chance.

If I had the time or space for a project I'd get a Fox Body Stang or late 80s IROC and drop an LSx in it and call it a day

How about a peak torque that starts at 2300 rpm and goes to 5500 rpm? Low end grunt of an N/A V8 my ass...

I know where there are 2 Fiero's that could probably be had for a reasonable amount! Both V-6, one auto trans, one 4-speed (which is an overdrive, btw.) Both run.

^ ya, i found a company that says $18k for the full kit, but none use a donor car; at least none that i've seen so far.

I think fox body mustang convertible might be the answer. That's assuming the money man like the idea.

I just like the idea of having a high horsepower noise machine with some cool factor. Something to take out on special occasions, and never let the dogs inside.

Ditto! That Comet for a grand seems like a steal if it's as solid as he states

Wish I had some xtra dough ray me ;)

I'd like to build a GTE. alot of work for something that is basically a sleeper...

2001_Cadillac_Eldorodo_01.jpg?0454E9281809434A3358D35F02DDB660

That thing may be many things... But a "sleeper" it is definately NOT!

Looks like something ZZ Top would drive... Or Marion Cobretti

I think the Bandit's Trans Am would be killer, but they're expensive.

My friends joked one time that they would pay me $500 to get the trans am firebird tattooed on my back from shoulder to shoulder. So when my neon died last week, the joke was that I should replace it with a trans am.

I (semi seriously) looked into it, and the nice examples were in excess of $33,000

I'm with you guys, before my days are numbered I will own a '77 Trans Am just like the one my mom had, though I will get a black/gold one

If you wan't to put a little work and time into building one though they are pretty inexpensive to build

you could build my dream ride. One day I will start building one, a older 2 door camry not the solara a true two door camry 94 i think was the year. Tub it, 4 link, rwd, 6spd manual and a 2jz supra engine under the hood.

My dad has two of these. A 60 and a 61 Willys Jeep. Not very common and I don't think they carry a high price tag. One of them was his first vehicle and the other he got for free for parts. Probably not what you are looking for but thought I'd throw it out to you.

BTW, this is not his, just a pic off the net.

1959-Willys-jeep-fc170-for-sale-2.jpg

lil-red.jpg?iact=hc&vpx=857&vpy=187&dur=120&hovh=184&hovw=274&tx=201&ty=103&ei=XkXLTIKfDc3Wngf7lMzFDw&oei=NUXLTIbCJ8GYnAeDtbDIDw&esq=20&page=1&tbnh=135&tbnw=180&start=0&ndsp=15&ved=1t:429,r:4,s:0