Polar Bear Run - New Years Day

Casper

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy new year!

Its a beautiful day to ride! And by beautiful, I mean no ice/snow!

Its a bunch of Harley guys here right now. Its pretty busy though.

Advance notice: It's just a breakfast bar for $12. That's all they have. I thought I heard someone say burritos! I was sad... But the food tastes great!

The polar bear pin still says ad farrow on it..

It was an easy ride today and the rain cleared up just in time. :)

Still think they charged a little too much for that breakfast buffet, and they didn't have any horchata! So much for being a Mexican restaurant. :nono:

5-way split on Little Caesar's pizza next year!

It was an easy ride today and the rain cleared up just in time. :)

Still think they charged a little too much for that breakfast buffet, and they didn't have any horchata! So much for being a Mexican restaurant. :nono:

5-way split on Little Caesar's pizza next year!

agreed, i thought we were having mexican food

BTW what tires do you have on your FJR, i recently purchased one and it needs new tires

agreed, i thought we were having mexican food

BTW what tires do you have on your FJR, i recently purchased one and it needs new tires

I currently have Dunlop D616 tires on my bike. Love the longevity; I have 15k on the front tire and they still have good tread and previous rear tires have averaged at least 10k. The tread makes them awesome in the rain; however, the tire cups like crazy which makes taking curves a little funny at times.

The plus? They're a decent price for what you get ($130-140 for rear tire and about $100 for a front) and the aggressive tread is great for some gravel roads. Also, if you're looking to just do straight highway, you'll get quite a few extra miles out of the rear tire with the amount of rubber on there.

I am just killing this last pair and will be switching over to the Dunlop RoadSmarts or the Bridgestone BT023 tires. It'll most likely be the Bridgestones because of the triple compound rear tire. I do lots of slab time so the extra in the middle will help a lot.

Edited by the_silverfox

I currently have Dunlop D616 tires on my bike. Love the longevity; I have 15k on the front tire and they still have good tread and previous rear tires have averaged at least 10k. The tread makes them awesome in the rain; however, the tire cups like crazy which makes taking curves a little funny at times.

The plus? They're a decent price for what you get ($130-140 for rear tire and about $100 for a front) and the aggressive tread is great for some gravel roads. Also, if you're looking to just do straight highway, you'll get quite a few extra miles out of the rear tire with the amount of rubber on there.

I am just killing this last pair and will be switching over to the Dunlop RoadSmarts or the Bridgestone BT023 tires. It'll most likely be the Bridgestones because of the triple compound rear tire. I do lots of slab time so the extra in the middle will help a lot.

thanks, i have never been a fan of dunlops but i will definitely check out the bridgestones, i have BT021s on my R1 and they have been great, i do a lot of highway to get where i am going but then like to hit the backroads

thanks, i have never been a fan of dunlops but i will definitely check out the bridgestones, i have BT021s on my R1 and they have been great, i do a lot of highway to get where i am going but then like to hit the backroads

The BT023s are the new OEM tire for the FJR1300 and there's been good feedback on their overall performance from what I read. I look for a "do-all" tire because that's what I pretty much do with this bike.

• 11 months later...

Polar Bear run to Talita's then up to Sunbury for a total of 86 very blusterly miles today.....

I was wondering if there might be a Ohio Riders Polar Bear run at the Flying J again so myself, my girl friend, her daughter and her 83 year old dad all rode our own bikes up to Flying J. Just missed a hail storm and got sporadic rain on the ride but it was a great way to start the new year.

Edited by Beemn