Where to ride a dirt bike

Jayracer38

Hi,

Looking for just about any place where I can have a little fun on a dirt bike. Anyone know of a place not too far from the NW side of Columbus. Getting tired riding circles around my house...and the association will probably be by soon to remind me I don't live in the country :eek:

Looking for any and all suggestions....

Thanks

Well, the State forest and Wayne riding areas are soon to close till Spring. Unfortunately dirt bikes have earned the bad egg rep in most areas. Even privately owned lands are restricting dirt bike riding due to noise, soil erosion and liability issues. This is why dual sport bikes are becoming so popular in Ohio. SE Ohio has loads on unimproved roads, abandoned roads and trails that are public but require a street legal to ride them.

I don't think anywhere is as close as you'd like, and most places are pretty close to closing for the season.

For MX:

www.briarcliffmx.com

http://pushetacreekmx.com/

For trails:

http://www.waynenationalforest.com/wayneatv.htm

For both:

www.crowcanyonmx.com

Just a few randoms. I don't know of much closer than that. Some more MX up by Cleveland and probably some more trail stuff out by Crow Canyon. Maybe some other people know of some more places down south, I've never headed that way...

• 2 months later...
This is crazy. Coming from SoCal and Italy, I expected way more dirt bike riding in Ohio.

There is - it's just winter and the only thing you can do is trail stuff. Crow Canyon still runs people through the trails - all the way through winter.

Bighorn is an indoor, but more suited to minis vs big bikes - ramjet would be a better choice in Cleveland.

Buckeye Lake for ice racing is a great idea also...

Loads of choices when Spring hits. Unlike SoCal, we have seasons...

• 2 months later...

FastTrax north of Lancaster is decent, but small.......we went to Richland's Furnace ( Chilicothe )a while back and it's a blast.......1500 acres of hills, trails, small doubles, big long straights to burn fuel and practice getting up ( we crashed a lot ;))

Unfortunately Kenworthy's closed a few years ago.

Fastrax is south of Lancaster and Nelsonville.

If you're looking for trails and not tracks, then it would either be Wayne National Forest or Perry County APV area.

Tracks, check on Pitracer dot com.

I know its been mentioned but in my opinion BriarCliff is one of the best tracks around and has some decent trails as well.

heard they had a bad weekend, this past weekend? flew one out, took a few more via tater box.

Unfortunately Kenworthy's closed a few years ago.

Fastrax is south of Lancaster and Nelsonville.

Holy snikeys when did that happen... Man I've been a way from dirt for a while but never heard of Kenworthys...

I like Fasttraxx when they run the GP course for MX. It is fun! I said I would never race again. But the neighbor is wanting me to run that with him. Some of it would be fun on a two stroke. But there are other parts that look a little tight I guess. Just not sure how a two stroke would hold up. Keep it from fouling plugs you would be OK... It goes from a all out run in the grass area to a funnel into the woods and then drops out on the back MX course.

Edited by Beegreenstrings

heard they had a bad weekend, this past weekend? flew one out, took a few more via tater box.

Did not hear that but doesn't surprise me the A track is narly!! I believe that two tear table is 105' to clear!!

Yep the last time we were there. Took the neighbor home with broken ribs... Tried to tell him and he would not listen. He saw his dad and I thrashing it out and wanted to try and clear it. I was on a cr250 and his dad was on a dr250z. The boy was on a torgue two stroke 125 and just did not have the speed, cased it and went over the bars.