Tower falls the wrong way in Ohio...

Gump

http://www.10tv.com/live/content/local/stories/2010/11/10/story-springfield-smokestack-falls-brings-down-power-lines.html?sid=102

Read the comments...

Yet, the perfect collapse of the monstrous WTC buildings was a horrible chain of events with no demolitions involved, only jet fuel....
I stir shit all over the interwebs. :lol:

lol...Which comment was yours. Seems to be a lot of Canal rednecks.

Me too.

WonderTwin 1of2 | 1 min ago

This was truly caused by MidgetTodd eating massive amounts of spagetti.

http://m.topix.net/forum/source/wbns/T97OOI5CFTAV7F5OK#lastPost

Is it just me or did I hear a late explosion at 59 seconds?

I think that was a transformer blowing after the power lines were knocked down.

I'm ALMOST willing to overlook the inherent stupidity of having kids on site for this, but having them standing under power lines when they knew (or should have known) that the tower could fall on the lines is dumb.

those aren't high-tension wires, so I wouldn't be worried about the "whip" effect being a problem, but they're fucking LIVE wires, carrying electricity.

I thought engineers were supposed to err on the side of caution; take all precautions to make the tower fall due north, but be prepared for it to fall due south.

It's not like they couldn't have killed power to those lines for the 10 minutes it would have taken to blow up the tower and let the dust settle.

I think that was a transformer blowing after the power lines were knocked down.

I'm ALMOST willing to overlook the inherent stupidity of having kids on site for this, but having them standing under power lines when they knew (or should have known) that the tower could fall on the lines is dumb.

those aren't high-tension wires, so I wouldn't be worried about the "whip" effect being a problem, but they're fucking LIVE wires, carrying electricity.

I thought engineers were supposed to err on the side of caution; take all precautions to make the tower fall due north, but be prepared for it to fall due south.

It's not like they couldn't have killed power to those lines for the 10 minutes it would have taken to blow up the tower and let the dust settle.

Didn't even think about a transformer blowing. Good call.

Even if they aren't high tension wires to begin with, when that tower landed on them I'm sure there was enough tension that a solid strike to the head by one could kill.

I agree with erring on the side of caution. Even when they implode buildings, they evac the building around it that could be damaged from a bad fall.