New Jersey vs TSA

Casper

There are different rules for company aircraft, they may fly under the part 91 rules and may not be required to do the checks.

Just for the record the TSA sucks!! There are so many different rules for everything it is hard to keep everything straight.

If he was on a company owned airplane, it's pt 91 & there's still some small amount of old skool American freedom involved (for now..)

Even travelling by private aircraft, the TSA has been seen trying to get into private hangars, harrassing pilots & passengers etc.

Anyone remember this episode of true new-age American 'Security Theater' from last year: http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/story?id=5624381&page=1

Hopefully the sheeple are finally figuring out that the whole 'Whatever it takes to be safe' mantra is BS, and fighting back.

The TSA is a terrorist organization in its own right.

As Security for a large private aviation company, I do know that all of our passengers are are checked against the TSA lists.

For those last min add on passengers the pilot will check the persons ID, and then call into our office and we run the persons name against the list.

Dont confuse corporate policy with FAA or TSA requirements. Im sure you understand there is a difference and my guess would be that you are following a corp policy.

I agree with most of that, right up until the last paragraph. I need to think about that a little longer.
The solution to the need for security at US airports is not a government bureaucracy. The solution is to allow the private sector, preferably the airlines themselves, to provide for the security of their property. As a recent article in Forbes magazine eloquently stated, “The airlines have enormous sums of money riding on passenger safety, and the notion that a government bureaucracy has better incentives to provide safe travels than airlines with billions of dollars worth of capital and goodwill on the line strains credibility.” In the meantime, I hope we can pass this legislation and protect Americans from harm and humiliation when they choose to travel.

Don't be an idiot; listen to RP he knows best. Less Government!

I'm not sure there's an appropriate incentive for privatization of security. The goal of the airlines is to make it as quick/cheap as possible for throughput and cost, with the only mitigating factor being "We could go bankrupt if one of our planes blows up because we have to pay civil lawsuits, future customers may no longer fly with us". So what? We start another company with a different name, buy up the bankrupted assets and repeat the cycle.

I'm not wholly convinced that's enough to keep them honest as opposed to "rollin' the dice" that nothing is going to happen. Colbert joked about starting his own airline with NO security the other night on his show.

Like I said, I need to think about it and see more evidence one way or another.

I see no reason for us to subsidize the industry by providing a function that is crucial to their success. It's a sound business model or it's not. Do not take money from me to pay for someone else’s company.

The government doesn't do a daily check of my vehicle to insure my safety nor does it check to see who I am transporting, where does it end? The airlines should be a contract between its passengers and the airline not also with a third party government entity. We provide them with the infrastructure to fly safely by FAA standards which is the governments function but we shouldn't employ people to load the cargo that makes them money.

Your vehicle is a poor analogy.

1) You're not a taxi (your personal livelihood isn't dependent on your vehicle) -- and if you were, you'd have additional regs to meet.

2) You're limited to the amount of property damage you're able to do in a vehicle vs. a passenger airliner.

I'm still not convinced either way... keep going. From what I've read, so far the best solution to all this is running our sh*t the way Ben Gurion is.

TSA acknowledged that its inspector pulled himself up the side of the aircraft by using a Total Air Temperature (TAT) probe as a handhold. The TAT probe, which measures outside air temperature and connects to key computer systems inside the aircraft, is considered critical to flight safety. TSA said it was not its intent to "cause delays or potential damage to aircraft as a result of our inspections," and that the agency acted quickly to "re-enforce education about sensitive equipment located on the exterior of a plane."

Fucking facepalm. :nono:

I just flew American Eagle out of O'Hare two weeks ago...

I would much rather drive than fly anyways. Driven from Ohio to Cali 3 times. Once with a fully loaded truck and 6x12 cargo trailer. It was a blast. I avoid flying at all costs. Not because I am scared of a suicide bomber or because I am scared of flying, just that I hate the security crap and having to deal with all the weirdos.

But yeah, those scanners are BS for all the reasons previously stated.

I would much rather drive than fly anyways. Driven from Ohio to Cali 3 times. Once with a fully loaded truck and 6x12 cargo trailer. It was a blast. I avoid flying at all costs. Not because I am scared of a suicide bomber or because I am scared of flying, just that I hate the security crap and having to deal with all the weirdos.

But yeah, those scanners are BS for all the reasons previously stated.

Sometimes you have to do business in 4 days and not two weeks. ;)

That being said, I want to drive from Ohio to Irvine sometime in the next few years and make a road trip out of it. Always wanted to connect my west coast and east coast adventures. I've been to Arizona, Nevada, Utah, and Hawaii. Then everything east of the Mississippi River. It's time to connect the two and finish off the west coast as well.