Anyone still riding?

cg2112

Still riding like usual. The cold rainy days can get annoying, but they're just like CA rainstorms when they happen every couple years or so. LOL

I've got a lot of free time lately so I might go on a random ride in the next couple weeks. IKEA for meatballs sounds wonderful, actually.

started the bike(s) last night and rode down the street and back. the VTX is a little iffy when its not 80-90 out... spitt and sputtered last night something awful after a 5 minute warm up...

I am still claiming it is not jetted right. But when its nice out it runs great(after it warms up)? someone took the factory pipes off and put on cobra equal lengths it sounds great! but, it is too bitchy when it is not nice out.

Edited by Beegreenstrings

The sportbike goes into storage mode when the weather cools off, but not the other bikes. There's always a chance to take at least a short ride.

For example, yesterday afternoon the temperature was 50ish and my wife mentioned that she needed to return a DVD to the library and drop a couple of bills in the mailbox at the Post Office.

"Don't worry, sweetie," I gallantly offered. "I'll take care of it."

Two miles of riding took care of the errands, but then I turned down a country road I've often ridden, then another, then continued on that one a little farther than I've gone before and found a few unexpected curves winding through farmland. Then I found a little park with a waterfall that I didn't even know existed (I've only been in this area a relatively short time). That will be a good spot for us to revist two-up on the bike on some hot day when we're looking for a cool and shady destination.

All in all, just a 25-mile jaunt to scrub the tires a little, keep my riding skills from rusting too much, and keep the battery charged. Home as the sun set early.

That's why the bikes never totally go into storage.