New DS/Adventure riding podcast...

swingset

I've started a podcast devoted to dual sport and adventure riding, noticed there were none that really focused on it so I remedied that! The show will focus on all things dual sport and adventure, bikes, trips, gear, interviews with riders, reviews, news, etc.

Anyway, it's my first epi. so consider this a test flight but more shows are on the way, with interesting content on the line. It's for sure a collaborative medium, so feel free to throw ideas, comments and questions my way. It can't be too bad, it's free!

The Dual Sport Podcast

You can listen online or download it there, and it will be available on Itunes in a day or so (just search for Dual Sport Podcast).

You can find the show on Facebook too.

So when you expanding to PBS? :) There's an idea I've had for a long time about getting PBS into doing a show on Ohio motorcycling of all types. Viewers could sent in clips and do interviews of riders and the different areas of Ohio they enjoy.

So when you expanding to PBS? :) There's an idea I've had for a long time about getting PBS into doing a show on Ohio motorcycling of all types. Viewers could sent in clips and do interviews of riders and the different areas of Ohio they enjoy.

There's always community access TV...but I have a face made for radio.

:p

There's always community access TV...but I have a face made for radio.

:p

I've always thought being ugly on TV makes what you say more believable. ;) I mean would believe a big ugly guy like me telling you a bike is powerful or a 20 yo hottie in a short skirt and low cut top who doesn't look like she can even ride?:rolleyes:

Okay, yeah, I'd forget the bike was there too.:bow:

FYI: It still isn't showing up on iTunes.

I'm torn on this. One one hand, I hate Itunes with the burning white passion of a thousand suns so fuck them. On the other, people want it on Itunes.

I'll double-triple-super-check my RSS. Other than that, from what I've learned, I can't do anything to expedite it. Lots of people submit their casts and Itunes inexplicably just sends it to the dark corner of Steve Jobs' (also known as Master Control Program) collection of lost software.

I ran the .xml through a checker, verified just fine, but if they don't approve it (and there's no earthly reason they shouldn't), it just never shows up.

:nono:

I'm kind of screwed on Itunes. I submitted it, but it's in limbo. No confirmation, no rejection, nothing. You can't really change or even access a page or "account" to check the status, reject, retry or anything. Much like Apple's myriad of other "so simple it doesn't work" solutions, you will have to pray that it shows up on your apple device.

The easiest solution is just to download the .mp3 from my page, and add it to your itunes program locally. Beyond that, my hands are tied.

Sounded good Swing, trouble is, as you said, so many of the things you are discussing are a matter of personal opinion or preferance. It is still good to hear the voice of DS growing and look forward to the evolution of your podcast.

Sounded good Swing, trouble is, as you said, so many of the things you are discussing are a matter of personal opinion or preferance. It is still good to hear the voice of DS growing and look forward to the evolution of your podcast.

It's true of every motorcycle podcast, so much of what we do is subjective. But, if people expound on their experience it helps to put in context. If I suggest gear, and can detail how I ride, the conditions and my expectations it's a good review. If I say "I didn't like this" with no qualifier, it's a worthless review.

But hopefully that's a small part of the show, more of what I plan on doing is talking about the tangible things, rides, destinations, experiences, what works, what doesn't.

We'll see how it shakes out.

Wasn't trying to be critical, just stating the obvious maybe.:rolleyes: As I said the evolution should be interesting and hopefully we can all find a way to help or become involved?

I also think some dual sport humor would fit your program perfectly. :D Nothing like a good do-hicky joke.

Here's a topic for ya... Alpinestars Scout dualsport boots. Greatest boots I've ever owned. They've even replaced my street boots.

0910_crup_02_z+alpinestars_casual_gear_accessories+scout_wp_boots.jpg

Send me a review! :D

Seriously, you can leave a voicemail, or do via email if ya like. I don't have any experience with them other than seeing them online, but I'd love to hear about them.

• 2 weeks later...

Show number 5 is up and ready.

It’s a New Year! I welcome in 2011 with a show about riding frugal! All about how to save money with our sport and travel, wrench and ride with an eye towards keeping your bills in your pocket. Also I answer a question about getting comfortable offroad.

Show Number 5

• 2 weeks later...

Episode 6 is up and ready, a little late but technical issues were bugging me.

This week we give a couple reviews on boots, answer a question about the hotly contentious subject of self-defense/carry on a bike, and talk about an upcoming DS Podcast ride in WV.

http://localnumber69.com/dualsportpo...show-number-6/

Good show...Liked the Idea of a Dual Sport Ride :) Just sayin You know Greycat Or Mike.

Since it's Winter and all Lakes are primed to stud up the bike's and get some Ice riding in.

I just screwed my tires on the YZ450F. Hopefully Thursday I'll be shredding some ICE...

Thoughts

Mike

IMG_0228.jpg

Edited by GREYCAT
pichas