What happened?

thegame

Went out for a ride today. Was out for about an hour and a half. Pulled into the gas staion to fill up. Went to turn the bike back up and it wouldnt start. WTF? Tried several times, nothin. Key on, cutoff switch on run, in neutral, kickstand up. So I asked someone to jump start me and it fired right up. I dont know what happened. Any ideas?

Another little tip. If you aren't going to ride it don't start it. If you have a tender on the battery then you should let it sit. I know some people love to start their bikes every other day in the winter because they think it is good for them but it isn't.

+1 I've never endorsed starting a bike constantly during the winter to let it run.

Another little tip. If you aren't going to ride it don't start it. If you have a tender on the battery then you should let it sit. I know some people love to start their bikes every other day in the winter because they think it is good for them but it isn't. I think you have a week battery. Also' date=' check the terminals and connections. You may have a loose wire which would cause a no start symptom.

.[/quote']

+1.... I never start it in the winter unless Im going to ride it..

All that is good for is creating condensation in the exhaust and combustion chamber.

Just don't forget to unplug the pipe before you start it in the spring!!

haha.. I did that last spring.. why the hell wont my bike start.. Then it started and I saw that little orange plug shoot across my alley..

O.. thats why it wasnt starting.. hahahah.

loose battery connection?

btw, battery manufactures caution against using battery tenders for extended periods of time and keeping a battery inside makes it lose it's charge FASTER.

http://www.yuasabatteries.com/faqs.asp?action=1&id=8

so basically, charge it once per month and keep it in the cold.

and the top 3 things to kill a battery,

1. heat

2. over charging

3. not using it

Happened once to me with my YZ. It was a SOB to kick and I couldn't figure out why. Then I took my head out of my ass. Shortly after I also took the exhaust plug out of the pipe. :rolleyes:

yeah.. I did the same thing with my YZ.. had the plug in it from spraying it off at the car wash and the next time I tried starting it, I couldnt figure out why it sounded so deep.. oh yeah.. once again.. damn plug in the pipe. I seem to do it at least once a year on one if not all of my bikes.. 2 have actual plugs in them and the other one has a rag stuffed in it. you would think those bright orange plugs would be hard to miss.. I think Im going to put small dangling flags on them like what is on the airplanes pitot tube when Im doing my pre-flight.

Here's another good one.. Pulled the jetski out of the water and popped open the drain plug for the drive home so that any inside water would clear.. yeah you guessed it.. was out riding and wondered why the pickup seemed slow.. maybe because it had 10 gallons of water inside it.. another dumb shit move.. so cracked it wide open and ran it up and down the lake a few times so that it would drain due to the high speed.. then leaned back tightened the drain plugs and went riding and let the suction bilge clear the rest.