ohio riders track day

ducati guy

Which track would you like to have an OR day at? Weekend or weekday event?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Which track would you like to have an OR day at? Weekend or weekday event?

• Mid Ohio -
    • Grattan
    • Gingerman
    • Putnam
    • Nelson Ledges
    • Beaver Run
    • Others - please list in your post your suggestion
    • Weekend date - out of state
    • Weekday event - in state

Gingerman is my favorite, but it is a haul. Grattan is just as far. best way to avoid the high tolls, is go up i75 or 23 at TOledo and go across MI via I94 or I96 depending on which on you're headed to.

That's the way I go, works well and only hit one toll on I80.

I was thinking more of a relaxed thing to get folks like myself who have never done one out to the track for the first time.

this sounds like something I would love. I'm nervous as hell to do track days because I'm terrible but know I'll learn a ton if I do some track days. Catch 22

this sounds like something I would love. I'm nervous as hell to do track days because I'm terrible but know I'll learn a ton if I do some track days. Catch 22

Dude I'm no Nicky Hayden now, but u should have seen me my first track day.. I was slooooowwww, but not one person cared, everyone helped, and I'm so much better of a rider because of the track.. Really nothing to be worried about.. You just got at your own pace whatever that is and don't ride above your head.. I've seen people only riding a bike for a month or 2 and jump on the track.. The track IS for everyone!! It's amazing!

Agreed with Andy and everyone else. It doesn't matter if you are slow. Dude I remember some guy on a TRACK only 848 2 years ago at Mid O. Dude got lapped by our whole group of N-6 of N-8 He had a special group to work 1 on 1 with the instructor solo style. By the end of the day he had moved up 2 groups, the day after he was up a bunch of groups. They really do make it about learning, and actually I use a lot of the stuff on the street too.

Agreed with Andy and everyone else. It doesn't matter if you are slow. Dude I remember some guy on a TRACK only 848 2 years ago at Mid O. Dude got lapped by our whole group of N-6 of N-8 He had a special group to work 1 on 1 with the instructor solo style. By the end of the day he had moved up 2 groups, the day after he was up a bunch of groups. They really do make it about learning, and actually I use a lot of the stuff on the street too.

Must have been RUSTY :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
Dude I'm no Nicky Hayden now, but u should have seen me my first track day.. I was slooooowwww, but not one person cared, everyone helped, and I'm so much better of a rider because of the track.. Really nothing to be worried about.. You just got at your own pace whatever that is and don't ride above your head.. I've seen people only riding a bike for a month or 2 and jump on the track.. The track IS for everyone!! It's amazing!

same here. According to the control rider I worked with my first day, I was "a disaster."

Most people are.

I'm not "fast" now, but I'm a billion times better than I was my first day.

• 3 weeks later...
This sounds as it would be a lot of fun! I'd be game for it. Although I don't own a race suit so would have to rent one. Anyone know about how much it is to rent one?

$25-$75 depending on the org. I believe NESBA and STT are both $50

I'd really like to see something come of this. Is anyone working on it?

Need any help?

is there a particular reason it needs to be a sanctioned "Ohio Riders" event?

90% of us post up in the "trackdays" section and just ask, "anyone headed to <track name> on <date>?"

If more than 1 member is going to be there, call it an OR trackday... Find a track you like, and a date you want to go, and just post in that section. There will probably be a handful of us going anyway.

I would be down for a track day, I am a complete newb on a bike but I have done some track days and autocross with my car which was a BLAST! I know it's completely different on a bike but still the same concept so I would be down to try out riding on a track with a bike.

I'm all in! Sound like fun but we need to get get this moving soon. (Casper)

If the track riders in OR are like me they are already starting to look at dates with other org's. Its mid January and I am chomping at the bit to get back on the track. As soon as the schedule is finalized (NESBA) I will be signing up for events.

90% of us post up in the "trackdays" section and just ask, "anyone headed to <track name> on <date>?"

If more than 1 member is going to be there, call it an OR trackday... Find a track you like, and a date you want to go, and just post in that section. There will probably be a handful of us going anyway.

I'm all for going to a track where redkow and blue03636 WON'T be at.

Here's why: redkow's bike is just an eyesore and blue03636 couldn't cook a burger even if he was a friggin' Cordon Blue chef.

:D

New grill!?!? This recent acquisition was not made public until now! I just hope it uses something other than wood or charcoal.

I was afraid that we'd have to take up a collection for you just to get something that would cook food in under an hour.