ohio riders track day

ducati guy

Which track would you like to have an OR day at? Weekend or weekday event?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Which track would you like to have an OR day at? Weekend or weekday event?

• Mid Ohio -
    • Grattan
    • Gingerman
    • Putnam
    • Nelson Ledges
    • Beaver Run
    • Others - please list in your post your suggestion
    • Weekend date - out of state
    • Weekday event - in state

if we're looking for weekend dates, midohio will be out unless we do the max time LED. not everyone will be looking for that sort of shenanigans though (also, it is very noob unfriendly). Otherwise, it's going to be a week day date... not sure if everyone will want to take that day off.

i'd recommend beaver with motoseries (i think there are 2 or 3 saturday dates) or a putnam day, or grattan in august with STT. I'm sure NESBA has a few beaver dates. do they have any putnam dates? the only thing with that is, I'm not sure if they'll waive membership fees (same problem with STT, though they've been good with waiving membership fees before). motoseries raised their beaver prices this year (like any classy skank) but don't have membership dues. Plus I heard a couple douchebags on this forum are instructors for them. class A douches. lulz

grattan is awesome-0, but if we're gonna have a lot of track newbs, beaver will probably be more friendly.

if we could get a weekend date at mid ohio, that would be fucking boss. they just have april, though, as far as I know.

Mid-O would be worth me taking a day off midweek, but maybe I am in the minority there?:dunno: Otherwise, so long as there is plenty advanced notice (say more than a week prior) I'm game for whatever. What is the opinion of a pilgrimage to someplace like VIR or Barber?

Mid-O would be worth me taking a day off midweek, but maybe I am in the minority there?:dunno: Otherwise, so long as there is plenty advanced notice (say more than a week prior) I'm game for whatever. What is the opinion of a pilgrimage to someplace like VIR or Barber?

No way that is going to work, way too far to get a large majority to get the day for us as a whole.

No way that is going to work, way too far to get a large majority to get the day for us as a whole.

True, though I should have done a better jobof separating that from the other general statements in the post. That was more of tossing out a suggstion to anyone who might be interested in making a big time roadie.

I'm shocked you added gingerman to the poll. :p

To please the masses, I wouldn't go but other might be interested to have it again.

heyyyyy.... why isn't bluegrass on the poll?

You get it open and I will add it, until then get back to doing math like a good Asian!

• Upvote 1

I'm sure NESBA has a few beaver dates. do they have any putnam dates? the only thing with that is, I'm not sure if they'll waive membership fees

FWIW, NESBA membership is only $25 now (was $75 the past several years). Went from "significant" to "negligible" IMO.

I would be able to do a weekend trackday but cant make a weekday, new job no vacation yet. But I will have to agree with some the cheaper the better to get a better turn out so beaver and nelson would be top of the list. I would prefer to do Mid Ohio with a OR group but that may be near impossible

Why not just simply get a date and start hammering people to take vacation days. Mid-Ohio is probably the best choice.

It's only $35 more than Beaver at Motoseries and is going to be better for everyone as the school and classroom side of things for newer riders.

I also think that you will NEVER get a complete track day for solely OR members. So, just invade whatever event you guys want. I'd come to whichever one you all do.

Just pick a date and run with it. Call it the official OR track day and start a thread. The thing is, I am going to call out the guys that talk, but never come to a track day. Sign up or shut up. I mean that in as friendly a tone as I can. There's no reason that anyone that has even remotely mentioned they would - can't.

No excuses. Dubguy is nominated with Nick to get a date/dates that work.

I suggest a two day event as the newer riders will have more fun the next day once they learn some things. The rest of us just get another day - I ain't gonna complain.

Make it so...

Why not just simply get a date and start hammering people to take vacation days. Mid-Ohio is probably the best choice.

It's only $35 more than Beaver at Motoseries and is going to be better for everyone as the school and classroom side of things for newer riders.

I also think that you will NEVER get a complete track day for solely OR members. So, just invade whatever event you guys want. I'd come to whichever one you all do.

Just pick a date and run with it. Call it the official OR track day and start a thread. The thing is, I am going to call out the guys that talk, but never come to a track day. Sign up or shut up. I mean that in as friendly a tone as I can. There's no reason that anyone that has even remotely mentioned they would - can't.

No excuses. Dubguy is nominated with Nick to get a date/dates that work.

I suggest a two day event as the newer riders will have more fun the next day once they learn some things. The rest of us just get another day - I ain't gonna complain.

Make it so...

Uh oh, who's getting called out :D

And I deff agree w/ you brian, there will never be an OR members only track day and its a shame we don't have more people interested to make this happen.

It will be interesting to see how many people actually sign up for this. I gotta feeling its going to be the usuall track people plus maybe like 2 or 3 newbs

And I deff agree w/ you brian, there will never be an OR members only track day and its a shame we don't have more people interested to make this happen.

It will be interesting to see how many people actually sign up for this. I gotta feeling its going to be the usuall track people plus maybe like 2 or 3 newbs

NAA.. Last year at gingerman was decent, and when I got a ton of people to do putnam there were like 15 of us from OR.